You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Re-emergance of Axl Rose

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Three things I can asure you that I expect/care about.

First, Axl will have little to no contact with anyone from the media.

Second, I couldn't care less about what shows Jarmo is going to...he is a symbol of exactly what has been wrong with this band and their conduct since day one of the nu adventure.

Third, I hope/want/would love some live/recorded coverage of some of these massive asian shows.  Can anyone fill me in on that?

I'd care what shows Jarmo was going to if he gives some info on each show.  Then again, he's not the only one going who's posting on these boards.  There are plenty others, so he's far from alone.

As for videos, DJ said he's gonna post some vids on his youtube page.  BUT, I would expect that to be more backstage and random stuff, rather than actual concert footage.  Should be interesting though.

faldor

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

No. It's a twitter search on  the term #gunsnroses

World-wide, real-time updates all funneled straight to you without the /jarmo filter.

There's lots of fans who don't frequent these boards, but are on twitter.

Oh, so for that people in these forums wondering where to get updates from, they would still check the usual places?

I wouldn't think you'd have to check htgth for any GNR news. You could always come here or mygnr

Yeah, there's no real exclusive place to get GNR news.  Sometimes it pops up on mygnr first, sometimes HTGTH, sometimes here, but in a matter of minutes it's everywhere anyway.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

No. It's a twitter search on  the term #gunsnroses

World-wide, real-time updates all funneled straight to you without the /jarmo filter.

There's lots of fans who don't frequent these boards, but are on twitter.

Oh, so for that people in these forums wondering where to get updates from, they would still check the usual places?

I'm not sure what you mean.

Twitter: People at the shows will be sending setlists and pictures, from the shows, as they happen, in real-time, directly from their phones to twitter.

I would imagine you'd get faster updates that way than relying on the 1 or 2 people at each of the "big forums" who are actually at the Asian shows.

You don't even have to hit "refresh" - they just come pouring in.

http://www.tweetdeck.com/beta/
http://picfog.com/

Hope I've explained what I mean satisfactorily.

faldor

faldor wrote:

That is true.  I'm sure, in this day and age with the Twitter craze, you could get info straight from there with real time updates.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I've made it quite clear, if Axl changes up that setlist with alot more of CD, and especially UYI, he'll win me back on his side within seconds.

Yeah, because a person who visit fansites daily really needs to be won over...

Nope, doesn't work.

I don't need to be won over.

But i'm also not a real fan.

Because i'm too negative.

So much positivity and love for the band.

I'm the FIRST person they need to win over. I'm their last line of defense, and at this point, I wouldn't walk across the street to see them.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

HAHA Axl's rants are almost better than the fuckin songs sometimes.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I've made it quite clear, if Axl changes up that setlist with alot more of CD, and especially UYI, he'll win me back on his side within seconds.

Yeah, because a person who visit fansites daily really needs to be won over...

Nope, doesn't work.

I don't need to be won over.

But i'm also not a real fan.

Because i'm too negative.

So much positivity and love for the band.

I'm the FIRST person they need to win over. I'm their last line of defense, and at this point, I wouldn't walk across the street to see them.

or8qdi.jpg

While we are that "last line of defense" and always have been, we can be put on the back burner when it comes to certain things.

Example...

Let's say the band gets the balls to release an Itunes Live Session EP consisting of CD, Better, Riad, and IRS.  They shouldn't have to come to the forums begging us to purchase it. We should have it minutes after it hits the format. Where they need to put in effort is getting the word out to casual fans and just music fans in general. The "last line of defense" can prop it up on Itunes while the band does the work of getting others on board to make it a success.

However, its a double edged sword  because of the love/hate relationship the hardcore fans have with the band due to everything that has happened. If the band did things right for once and the fanbase responded like "real" fans, such a release would be effective. However, as you pointed out, you wouldn't walk across the street for it and such a stance puts them in a pickle. Without the hardcore fans, everything tanks. Go take a look at those singles for an example.

I think the abrasive relationship between band/fans might play a bigger role in not getting any sorts of goodies like the Itunes session than previously thought. The band's fans give them no incentive to do it. Why even bother with a Better video at this point? All they'd accomplish is getting 20 pages of bitching about it on their youtube channel.

"Nutswingers" like to say we're nothing and its the outside world that matters. That's simply not true. When anything GNR related occurs, we are the first domino to fall, the first troops in the trenches,etc.

When the 101st Airborne wont even bother securing an empty field, they can put 'conquering' on their back burner.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Madagas said it... if you don't support their actions, don't support them. If they don't care, you don't care, show them you don't.

We got to stop dickin' around and get down to putting our money where our mouth is. I'm thinkin' boycott...

Board footer