You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Slash: New Album Release And Tour Set For March/April

jimmythegent wrote:

Looking forward to this alot.

Mainly for Slash and Izzy trading licks again as was mentioned, but also the Cornell collaboration as well as Flea and Dave Grohl. The rest sound fine too and i'm sure something will come out of left field that ends up being the standout track or whatever...

Not to mention he has a kick ass band notwithstanding the stars that line up. Chris Chaney and Josh Freese are certainly no slouch of a rhthym section.

im surprised Dave Navarro doesn't crop up? Or Perry Farrell for that matter? Slash has jammed with them both alot

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Adler is on the album. Lots of animosity towards Sorum on Adler's side of the fence. Not too surprising when you look at it from that aspect why Sorum is not gonna be on the album.

Didn't Adler pretty much blast Sorum on one of those clips from that VH1 show he did a few months ago?

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

I could be wrong, but I really think things are cool between Slash N' Matt.

Here is a picture from Slash's birthday party this past July:

l_6b9111406d3c4e8288e2f3392486cec0.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah but Adler will agree happily that the sky is blue and then five minutes later yelling on the peak of Everest that its green and to fuck the world.

He probably called Sorum a dick a nanosecond after that pic was taken.

I like Adler, always will. Was crucial to original GNR's sound, but lets call a spade a spade.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Perhaps. When I met adler he said that his issue with sorum was that people treated him as if he was the original GNR drummer and he found that offensive, but that matt had recently been respectful to adler's place as a founding member...and so they were cool now.

But i guess it's no secret that adler didn't like being replaced, and for a time blamed the guy who replaced him as much as those who kicked him out.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

SlashHudson - South America is a definite destination for my tour next year, I promise you. http://bit.ly/6QbstU
8 minutes ago from Facebook

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

VR's all good, I just saw Matt. Everbody is just doing their thing while we quietly look for a great frontman.

http://twitter.com/SlashHudson

faldor

faldor wrote:

Seems like Slash keeps bringing up VR every month or so just so nobody forgets about them.  It's gotta be the furthest thing from his or Duff's mind at this point.  Matt and Dave are really the only ones who could possibly be in a hurry to get the band back together.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

faldor wrote:

Seems like Slash keeps bringing up VR every month or so just so nobody forgets about them.  It's gotta be the furthest thing from his or Duff's mind at this point.  Matt and Dave are really the only ones who could possibly be in a hurry to get the band back together.

True but if Slash considered VR completely dead then he wouldn't bring it up, so it's obviously still his intention to resurrect VR at some point.

faldor

faldor wrote:

He's definitely keeping it on the backburner, but I don't believe we are anywhere close to seeing VR reform.  Unless Slash's solo album/tour flops.  Until he's done having fun and doing his thing, VR is a distant memory.

Board footer