You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

Re: Slash: New Album Release And Tour Set For March/April

TheMole wrote:

Thanks monkey, nice find.

Owkay, there's three, maybe four potential singles in there. The metal tracks and ballads are very, very good. Not too sure about the mid-tempo rockers. The Lemmy song... pfffff, first thing to pop into my mind was "what? does anyone still record bog-standard riffs like that?". The chorus redeems it a little bit, but I'm still not convinced. "Ghost" is cool though, the Izzy influence is certainly there, and makes the song shine.

But man, Beautiful Dangerous, great song. It's reminiscent of Christina Aguilera's "Fighter", but edgier, I really hope they push this one hard. I want to sit in my car, tuned in to my fav. radio station and be pleasantly surprised by this song once in a while. Chains and Shackles deserves a special mention as well, like that one a lot from what I can tell.

One thing I think they could've done a bit better was the sound of the guitars. Slash has a great overall tone, but he needs to bring it up to modern standards, give it a little more bite (without losing it's distinctive character). It used to be more raw too, it has become a little too smooth for my liking.

But it sounds like it's going to be a great album. Looking forward to it more than ever.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow...this is gonna be fucking awesome

even the sword is really cool tune, i'm loving that song when it comes on the radio

the ozzy tune, the kid rock song, the one with duff and grohl...man oh man cannot wait to sink my teeth into this album 9

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Jesus!  Who needs VR? 

This album is going to be badass.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

even the sword is really cool tune, i'm loving that song when it comes on the radio

How much do the play it?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i hear it at least 2 times a day, one in morning one at night but i dunno how many times they actually play during the day

its #7 on their daily chart for today though smile its been on there since the day after they debuted it

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The Ozzy track rules, the Fergie track is better than I expected, Cornell track is good, Adam Levine track rules, Lemmy IS God, Grohl & Duff are interesting, Kid Rock track is a hit in the waiting, M. Shadows track is decent, Rocco DeLuca track is good, Iggy rules, Paradise City cover is vastly underrated, I love the update, would be great if it were Axl & Cypress Hill.

Ian Astbury & Izzy underwhelmed (and this is coming from a fan of both), Myles Kennedy 1 eh, Stockdale track meh, Myles Kennedy 2 eh, Chains and Shackles sucks,

Keep in mind this is just listening to samples. And this is my first listen.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
TheMole wrote:

But man, Beautiful Dangerous, great song.

Yeah this is fast becomming one of my post anticipated songs on the album. That chorus hook sounds like it's going to be killer from the snips we've heard. If it has some big soloing and stuff in the track too...it could easily be one of my fav songs!

TheMole wrote:

guitars. Slash has a great overall tone, but he needs to bring it up to modern standards, give it a little more bite (without losing it's distinctive character).
It used to be more raw too, it has become a little too smooth for my liking.

Interesting...i think i'll wait till i have the CD for that one....I'll agree I liked his snakepit 1 tone a lot more than the contraband style sounds. (even tho i love VR, just the tones), so it will be interesting to see how this one comes off, especially with new mastering etc

Neemo wrote:

wow...this is gonna be fucking awesome
even the sword is really cool tune,

Yeah i find that song quite addictive. Really grew on me. First time I thought it was cool and all, I wasn't anti it, but I'd been waiting for a more shred fest type song (eg Speed parade, serial killer etc) so I was a bit undersold. But then i heard it a few times and the melodies and screams stuck in my head, and that tastey understated solo...i love it now.

Axlin08 wrote:

ver is vastly underrated, I love the update, would be great if it were Axl & Cypress Hill.

I really like it too but it sounds like maybe we like the opposite bits. I love fergie's part. it's the only time i've heard anyone sing that  other than Axl who's really nailing the high bits and that spot in the middle where she takes one of the screams on the "home" up a pitch like Axl does sometimes live. Wicked shit.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Very impressed with those clips. Beautiful Dangerous, Crucify the Dead, Back from Cali, Doctor Alibi, and Paradise City the turds of the bunch.

The Cornell track isn't what I was expecting unfortunately.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I'm surprised no-one else has picked up on the riff in the track Ghost that was taken straight from the VR demo Pleasin with Brad Cox, that was recorded before Scott joined.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Soooo, can this be a high selling album?

Board footer