You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Another Baz interview, couple of interesting things

Thanks to funkymonkey at HTGTH

Here is some of the interview...

P's & Q's: Sebastian Bach Embraces the Three R's: Rock, Rap and Reality TV

Posted Nov 28th 2007 6:00PM by Steve Baltin

Did you know it would be this big a deal when you got Axl Rose on your record?

Yes [laughs]. I'm a fan, too. I know that I'm friends with [maybe] the greatest rock singer ever. You can honestly maybe say that along with Robert Plant, Rob Halford. But Guns N' Roses is way bigger than Judas Priest will ever be. It's just bigger than that. Axl is bigger than metal, bigger than rock. So of course I knew that and of course I know that everybody, me included, has been waiting over 15 years for the return of him. He's just a different realm of success. So it's mind-blowing that he is on my record, so I understand what you're saying, and yes, I am aware of people's anticipation. People just want to put his voice into their iPod and I'm happy to bring that to you [laughs]. You're welcome is all I can think of saying. You're welcome.

Did you think you'd be able to get him to do this when this first came up?

No. I texted him from LAX [airport] at baggage claim. We text each other all the time -- silly crap, just stupid stuff. He'll be watching TV or talk about a movie or a song or just whatever. And I sang on 'Chinese Democracy,' and so I was just killing time at the baggage claim, goofing off, and I texted him, "When are you going to sing on my record?" And he just texted me back one word: "When?" That was it. I was literally joking around. Because you can be a friend, but to stand up business-wise and create such a stir in the music industry, that's a whole other story. He's done that for me time and time again. We had to play music that we recorded together for Jimmy Iovine, who is the head of Interscope, who has Axl signed, and he loved it when he could've said, "No." So Jimmy knew how important it was to Axl and said yes.

It took seven years for you to get 'Angel Down' out, but here it is. Any chance that might give Axl a push with 'Chinese Democracy'?

That's what the reviews are saying, and I can only hope that is the case. But he's got his own schedule, dude. He's got four albums' worth of material already done. I've heard it, a lot of people have heard it, it's really amazing. I cannot speak for him as to when it's going to come out, and I know he wants it out as bad as everybody else. I've talked to him about it at length and he just wants it to be presented in the proper way to the public.

You've had a chance to join him onstage many times. Will he be returning the favor?

I have no idea. All I know is when he goes back out there there's a good chance we'll be opening for him again. We spent the better part of the last year on he road opening for Guns N' Roses all over the world; America, Europe, just got back from Australia, New Zealand, and I did a bunch of headline dates, too. But we have a good relationship on the road, and I know that when he goes back out we'll probably be doing some more dates together. I'd also like to do some dates with Sixx: A.M., Nikki Sixx's band, because I just read Nikki's book and he talks really nice about me, which he doesn't talk very nice about many people [laughs].

Complete interview here: http://music.aol.com/popeater/2007/11/2 … -and-real/

Most of the Baz interviews say the same thing but I posted this because I thought a couple of things were interesting.

Firstly the fact that Axl and Baz had to play the songs for Jimmy Iovine, and that Baz seems to think CD will be an Interscope release.

Secondly Baz's comment about Axl wanting it to be presented in the right way. For the first time in a long time we have a pretty good idea of what exactly is happening with CD and it's status as of right this moment. Hopefully these negotiations won't drag on and on. Which leads us back to the Jimmy Iovine thing, he's thought to be more patient with Axl than other record company bosses have been, and considering what Baz said, it seems they are still on good terms as of pretty recently which can't be such a bad thing, if Axl and the head of the label are on the same page it bodes well imo.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Thanks for posting this, APE.

I guess this does lend some credence to that story about marketing negotiations holding up the release.

I got a little excited reading, "I know he wants it out as bad as everybody else. "  After all the rumors of him being afraid, or whatever, I really hope this part is true and that he's pushing to get this thing out to us.

That has been posted before about the record company and Axl not seeing eye to eye about issues, we just don't know what those issues are.

Anyone can run with that and make up a story.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I just want the damn album!

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

I just want the damn album!

I think that's what most of us want. I'd gladly take some fresh leaks if an album isn't coming anytime soon though big_smile

When I say fresh leaks I don't mean yet another version of Better. I want Silkworms 14

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

'We had to play music that we recorded together for Jimmy Iovine, who is the head of Interscope, who has Axl signed, and he loved it when he could've said, "No." So Jimmy knew how important it was to Axl and said yes'.

I guess this was referring to the Angel Down songs not 'Sorry'.

Finger's crossed we'll hear something soon. An announcement of a four album staged release would be about whats needed in my opinion to get people interested.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

sounds like 3 old threads rolled into one 16

how old is this interview?

anyway this does look like baz in inferring that interscope will be the label for CD

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

The cynical part of me thinks that Axl is drip feeding information through Baz to the fan base.

One thing I'd love to know is whether Axl is up for doing interviews and general PR. The record must expect him to do this, maybe he doesn't want to and that is causing some of the disagreements.

At least its good news to know the record company are engaged at some level.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Man, I'd be embarrassed to hang out with a guy who so blatantly licks my balls in public. The fawning.. it's hard to read sometimes!!!

Board footer