You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Australian Tour Dates Axed

James wrote:

I'm not going to cry over it either. I never thought Weiland was a good match with Slash, Duff, and Matt anyways, and I love STP. Slash will do his solo record which could wind up being huge, and of course Duff and Matt can start their own band or even do another band with Slash.

These guys do not stop contributing to music. If VR is toast, they will create another outlet for their music.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

hey Buzz,
I'm sad to say I agree. I feel terrible that I just don't feel it like I did for either band the way I did about the original GNR.
I had about ten bands I LOVED in the early nineties; I've had very little since about 1998 to get excited about. I can't believe how good we had it once..

Sky Dog wrote:

well, I don't own one cd from any band whose first album came out after 2000:laugh: Radiohead, Wilco, and Tool are the last three bands I have become interested in and they all are about 12-15 years old (as a band)!

As for VR, I saw them a few months ago, it was a fun show when they weren't playing VR songs!!! Slash tore it up though..:mosh:

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

The cancellation of the Japanese dates certainly made me raise an eyebrow and in that respect, the news about the Aussie dates comes as little surprise. As already been mentioned in this thread, throw in  a disappointing reception of Libertad and all that's said to have been going on during the making of the album, it's quite possible the friction within the band has taken another step.

All eyes currently turn on to the Dec 12th show at the Universal Amphitheatre, CA. There's a show that's been moved on twice in order to accomodate VR's appearance at KROQ Inland Invasion. A cancellation would be a telling sign and quite irritating for the people who'd been looking forward to see the band already in mid-September.

The band may do the New Year's Eve gig in New York, but there's a good chance it'll be the last time we'll ever see them onstage.

---

My condolences to Monkeychow. Cancellations suck.

I can't say I am surprised.   They were huge with Contraband, even won a grammy but definitely Libertad did not live up to that.   Seeing Slash going in soo many different directions on his own sorts reaks to me that he wants to do other things.   Maybe they won't break up but take a break.    Maybe their really is health issues but it's definitely odd how first Japan which you can say is not their doing but now this.

Definitely something that raises an eyebrow.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

im pretty shocekd, if these couple US one offs fall though then this is prolly the end, with Scotts solo disk and the upcomeing Slash project make enxt year look bleak for VR anyway sad

nugdafied wrote:

I hate to say it, but I definitely saw this one coming. Never have I seen a band with more potential just flush it down the toilet with bad single choices, bad touring plans & a very uninspired sophomore album. VR has no one to blame but themselves for the slow death they seem to be dying.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I like the album, but using SBQM as the first single killed any chance the record had.

Board footer