You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: Shooter Jennings

Furbush wrote:

FINALLY DONE...

tell me what you guys think. I love feedback

http://bandonox.blogspot.com/2010/03/pr … eview.html

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Killer review. After reading that I've decided to go ahead and listen to it. Was about to try watching The Descent 2 before bed as I passed out the other night while watching it, but fuck it. I'll give this a spin as I drift into La La Land.

Yeah, All Of This Could Have Been Yours is a haunting tune and should be a huge hit. It wont be of course. 16

Interesting how he was offered the lead singer job for Velvet Revolver years ago but declined.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

According to him he was offered it and declined it, Slash claimed they never actually offered it to him.

Either way it sucks, it would have been a wet dream for me.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

FINALLY DONE...

tell me what you guys think. I love feedback

http://bandonox.blogspot.com/2010/03/pr … eview.html

I enjoyed the review dude. I agree with you The Wolf it is well written and I didn't give it much notice at first. I usually mix the good from Rodeo and the good from Wolf on playlists. But I am up there with you on the feelings on the record. I'm still listening too it.

jorge76

jorge76 wrote:

A buddy and I were discussing The Wolf recently, and we both agreed that when we first think of it, we think it isn't very good, but when you actually pay attention it's pretty good.

I blame it on my first thought of it always being of a note for note, bland, uninspired cover of Walk Of Life (a song that I didn't really like anyway)

Put The O Back In Country is just shy of flawless, so to try and follow it up in the same genre and live up to that was just shy of impossible.

Essentially Tyler...  I agree with just about every damn thing you said in the review.

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

Thanks guys... Sorry for the delay...

jorge... same thing happened to me. after i lived on black ribbons for a week, i went back and gave The Wolf a proper, open minded listen... and other than Walk Of Life... I'd say it's a remarkably solid album, worthy of a second look by anyone who may have unfairly dismissed it when it came out...

jorge76

jorge76 wrote:

I also hate you now, because I Can't Not hear Dead or Alive when I listen to Gone To Carolina now.

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

first time i heard it.. i'm like "there's something strangely familiar..." then the wife starts singing along.." I'm a cowboy..."... i immediately got REALLY pissed... i can't NOT hear it either... had to pass it along big_smile

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

The more I listen to this album, the more I love it.

Wake Up is the perfect way to open it, and then it keeps it going with Triskaidekaphobia and Don't Feed the Animals. 

The songs that really stand out the most to me are California Via Tennessee, Don't Feed the Animals, All of This Could Have Been Yours, Fuck You (I'm Famous) and of course Black Ribbons, which is my favorite off the album.

I was looking into Shooter a little more and I found this info on his old band Stargunn:

Shooter Jennings once described Stargunn's sound as "Lynyrd Skynyrd mutating into Guns N' Roses."

No albums are available for download, nor will they ever be released according to Jennings. "That stuff is so badass that the public isn't ready for that shit! Maybe one day when the world catches up to where we were in our teens, then we will bestow upon them the magic that was Stargunn." Jennings also claims that all Stargunn material was written by an unknown source. "We just got this box on our front door step in Nashville that had all the songs we ever cut over the next 7 years in it. There are all kinds of [lyrics] backwards on those records. We had a strong message subliminally." Some people surmise that Waylon Jennings Sr. himself wrote the lyrics while extremely intoxicated, thus the seemingly backward sounding subliminal messages. It's been deduced that Waylon Jennings was more interested in the occult than previously thought.

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

definitely a HUGE GnR influence... listen to that solo.... pure slash

http://www.myspace.com/theofficialstargunnpage

Board footer