You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: "Ghost" is streaming NOW

Saikin wrote:
madagas wrote:
Saikin wrote:
madagas wrote:

I like this one better than Starlight....

I agree, but that's not saying much.  16

I was trying to be nice.....:/ I am extremely lukewarm to everything I have heard. By the Sword is the best and I was burned out on it after 5-10 listens. Lyrics...bad...the rest, meh. But, I will admit, I pretty much don't like anything Slash has done post Gnr. This really slams the door shut. It's over. I actually could live with VR more than this. The more I think about it, this is the ultimate Slash sellout. sad

I agree with you.  By the Sword has some great guitar on it, and I love the solo, but the vocals and lyrics just kill it for me.  The rest just sounds really bland and nothing really sticks out to me besides Watch This.  I wanted something a little more fresh from Slash.  He's put himself in this nice little niche and refuses to leave it.

Anyone else notice how each song sounds something their corresponding singers would do?  Hold On sounds like any other Kid Rock track (the ones that aren't released as singles), Crucify the Dead sounds like an Ozzy solo track, Ghost sounds like The Cult, Starlight sounds like Myles solo or even some AB or Mayfeild 4 stuff...

I'd much prefer VR over this.  Though I'm glad VR are done because it puts Scott back where he belongs in STP, and I'd much rather have STP than VR.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

So far this is the best song I've heard from the album. I'm in the camp that isn't really expecting much from this record. As long as there's a few decent tunes to listen to on occasion, that's fine with me.

I don't see this album blowing up like Santana's album did in 1999. It's loaded with all stars, but there's no "Smooth" on this record to grab the world by the balls.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

This is becoming my favourite track, followed by Watch This, and Beautiful Dangerous following them.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I like the music in Ghost but Astbury's vice is extremnely boring in it and basically ruins the song. Turns it into a snoozefest

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ It's still tripping me out how Metallex picked it as "Pleasin' " from the VR demos...sort of blows my mind how it's the same song but not anymore.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Has anyone captured the audio from this stream?
I'm really fuckin digging this now!

Sky Dog wrote:

I think I would like this song if you took out that fuckin' cheesy riff that starts the song and pops up every now and then under the chorus.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Ian is what kills the song for me. Get some inspired lyrics, dude. Got no probem with the music. Probably be more interesting on a VR record with Scott.

Still wanting to hear all of Promise. But Cornell needs to start getting more inspired, too. Also want to hear all of Saint Is A Sinner. And I still think there's a big enough Maroon 5 fanbase to make that guy's song a hit.

Beautiful Dangerous fucking blows. Which probably means it'll be a hit. 16

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
madagas wrote:

I think I would like this song if you took out that fuckin' cheesy riff that starts the song and pops up every now and then under the chorus.

Yeah, I didn't like it to start with either, but I think it's almost like a higher pitched version of the opening riff to Jungle. It has the same kinda syncopated rhythm style going on, and then when it kicks into the main riff, the song has a really great groove.

I thought the lyrics and singing weren't very good either, but after a few listens, it's like Ian has an understated coolness to his vocal delivery too.

I'm almost addicted to the track at this moment! 9

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think Ian is what kills the song for me. Get some inspired lyrics, dude. Got no probem with the music. Probably be more interesting on a VR record with Scott.

Still wanting to hear all of Promise. But Cornell needs to start getting more inspired, too. Also want to hear all of Saint Is A Sinner. And I still think there's a big enough Maroon 5 fanbase to make that guy's song a hit.

Beautiful Dangerous fucking blows. Which probably means it'll be a hit. 16

Maroon 5? You have hit rock bottom if you are trying to tap in to the Maroon 5 fanbase. Sorry...again, lends itself to selling out. Lemmy-cool. Iggy-cool. Grohl-cool. Cornell-cool. Maroon 5-NOT EVEN CLOSE TO COOL. 16

Board footer