You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: "Ghost" is streaming NOW

Neemo wrote:

so by that definition...Slash by all outward appearances is happy with this upcoming album....and by all outward appearances Axl still didnt agree with the way CD was released, and released a booklet that was approved by others..so then who is the sellout tongue

AFD and UYI's both existed to sell a bazzilion copies

a GnR fan calling someone a sellout is the ultimate oxymoron for me...thats all...i dont care who sells out and who doesnt either...if i think the music is shit then i dont listen...end of...bands exist to sell out, it is a rarity in this day and age where the band doesnt "sell-out" ... its a busiiness of give and take...even if the artist drags their feet against the powers that be, in the end they still sell out cuz nothing happpens without the label's backing

such a dumb argument i tell ya...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

After listening to all the other crap on this album... Ghost is slowly starting to look like one of the better tracks. 16

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:

so by that definition...Slash by all outward appearances is happy with this upcoming album....and by all outward appearances Axl still didnt agree with the way CD was released, and released a booklet that was approved by others..so then who is the sellout tongue

nice try 16

not being happy with the booklet is irrelevant - by product i am referring to the music

and if they are not happy with the integrity of the music cause they are a perfectionist that's ok too

it's when they release music they do not want to and are only doing so because it will sell because it is weak

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

C.D came out early and shows as much in its mastering.. thats just my opinion..as is yours, w.a.r

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
mickronson wrote:

C.D came out early and shows as much in its mastering.. thats just my opinion..as is yours, w.a.r

what, exactly, are you saying there? need the info.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Still wanting to hear all of Promise. But Cornell needs to start getting more inspired, too.

Please. We already know the story behind the track. Slash sent the instrumental to Cornell and he wrote lyrics for it. When Cornell isn't writing entire songs by himself, he can only work with what's given to him by other musicians. Don't blame Cornell for the song not being great. Blame Slash. If Cornell gets handed a turd, he can only polish it so much before it becomes futile. I'm not really ragging on the track as we haven't heard the whole thing yet, but it's unfair to blame him for the track when he played a minimal role in its creation.

Would love to see an Axl/Cornell collaboration before we're all dead. Have Cornell write the music and lyrics, and let Axl sing it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

Well, the truth is I bought the first Snakepit record....really tried to like it but it just didn't work for me....didn't buy the second one. I bought Contraband and really tried to like it but it just didn't work for me...didn't buy the second one. I have listened to these batch of songs and don't hear much that really interests me so I won't be buying it.

I actually agree with a lot of this, but I like VR a lot more than you do.  I haven't listened to any of the samples, but I will probably get the album on my mp3 player when it comes out as I did with CD.  I don't know why I'm not excited about this.  My guess is I will like this album more than CD, but probably not by much.

I think Axl has not found a guitar player that brings the best out of him and Slash hasn't found a singer that brings the best out of him since they split.  They have both fallen well short of their previous successes.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Just heard Ghost. It goes in a direction that is not my thing. My dad would love it though. Haha. Good guitar playing...groovy stuff. Just not my direction.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

Still wanting to hear all of Promise. But Cornell needs to start getting more inspired, too.

Please. We already know the story behind the track. Slash sent the instrumental to Cornell and he wrote lyrics for it. When Cornell isn't writing entire songs by himself, he can only work with what's given to him by other musicians. Don't blame Cornell for the song not being great. Blame Slash. If Cornell gets handed a turd, he can only polish it so much before it becomes futile. I'm not really ragging on the track as we haven't heard the whole thing yet, but it's unfair to blame him for the track when he played a minimal role in its creation.

Would love to see an Axl/Cornell collaboration before we're all dead. Have Cornell write the music and lyrics, and let Axl sing it.

I blame Chris's corny, bland lyrics from his last 2 solo albums on him. Has nothing to do with the music. As I said before, from what I've heard of the album Slash isn't the weak link. Chris hasn't been "on" songwriting wise since Out Of Exile.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I blame Chris's corny, bland lyrics from his last 2 solo albums on him. Has nothing to do with the music. As I said before, from what I've heard of the album Slash isn't the weak link. Chris hasn't been "on" songwriting wise since Out Of Exile.

I agree his last two solo albums weren't stellar, and Carry On is one of the worst albums this past decade, although the Billie Jean cover was bad ass.

Scream is a good album.....for another artist. Said it when that album was released.....he should have gave all those tracks to some pop tarts and they would have made a killing with them. He stepped too far out of his element with that record. The songs are there, they just aren't Cornell songs, if you know what I mean.

When the guy is "on", there's no one better. Slash sending him a track isn't gonna be one of those "on" moments.

Board footer