You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Slash V Axl V Izzy V Whoeverthe fuck

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, lets keep it here....

Slash and Axl both need other people to maximize their greatness..

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

i.e. Each other.

edit: and Izzy!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

edit: and Izzy!

Bingo.  Axl and Izzy are a wonderful writing combo.  They're like Jagger/Richards or Staley/Cantrell.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm starting this thread in hopes that we can move all the arguments out of each song thread for Slash's album and into here. While I personally don't have much to say about the tunes, I don't want to continue to screw up the threads on each tune for those that do.

Cool?

too funny.....I was thinking about starting this very thread earlier today as I was blabbing in the other thread...karma for reading my mind!:beer:

Sky Dog wrote:

As far as the name goes, here is my take. First and foremost, I wish Axl would have NOT carried on under the Gnr banner. Do something different and keep Gnr in your back pocket.

Now, the problem is, in a way, Axl had to carry on due to the huge debt that had piled up from trying to record an album from 93-97. The record company wanted a Gnr album under any set of circumstances and expected Axl to produce it...with or without Slash. So, Axl pieces a band together, re-does the Gnr contract in 1998 and soldiers on. Thus, legally it is Gnr if Axl is involved and I accept it as that. Two different Gnr's to me...the classic band and the new band of revolving musicians. Both Gnr, but distinctly different.

But, I rationalize this off of my core belief that Axl has always been at least 50% of the Gnr brand. With the old band, I saw Axl as the voice and face of the band and the other musicians as the music. Axl 50% vs Slash/Duff/Izzy/Drummer 50%. Voice 50% vs Music 50%.

This is where Gnr fans greatly disagree....on what percentage each member brought to the table. Just my opinion.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Madagas, the other albums they could have released, where... Greatest Hits, and Live Era...  Also in 1993, they released and album..  So really 94-96/97 are the monies you speak of, but Live Era and Greatest Hits more than made up for those...  It was the 97-2004 that cost a shit load of money for which you speak, and an Axl solo album would have never been given that advance.  So he had to keep the GNR name if for anything else, to keep money coming in to make the album...

Board footer