You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Slash V Axl V Izzy V Whoeverthe fuck

Sky Dog wrote:

The outro to Catcher is amazing too...one of Axl's finest moments. It sucks that it is buried underneath an irritating guitar solo. All that outro required was the rhythm section, piano and Axl.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

patience and SCOM are pretty amazing lyrically imo

rocket queen too, one in a million is pretty good too

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, lets keep it here....

Slash and Axl both need other people to maximize their greatness..

i actually disagree.....partly.

slash's solo albums would be ten times better if they were only about guitar and had no vocals.

chinese democracy suffers from over indulgence.

both could benefit from simplifying their art.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Man, sometimes you guys can be downright depressing. Excuse me while I slit my wrists.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

D-This Cornell is better than Axl thing is ridiculous. Axl has a way more diverse voice... he had like 3 or 4 different voices.. Cornell has the same tired vocal melody etc and lets don't even get started on lyrics

agreed

D- Love how people talk about Izzy as if he is God but slag on Slash for his "post" GNR work when Slash won a fucking grammy and made a kick ass great album in CB.. wtf has Izzy done since 91?

Slash is a "guitar hero". popularity = grammies. we are talking about Izzy's writing ability. he's the opposite = not popular but very valuable to the creation of the finest gnr songs.

D- Contraband destroys CD in the Rock dept.

this is axl vs. slash NOT slash vs Finck or axl vs scott w.

D- the other thing that pisses me off and i find to be the most retarded statement of all time is that Slash has done nothing since GNR therefore that somehow damages his legacy or importance to GNR...

Jimmy page hasn't written anything in 20 years so is he all of a sudden shit?

D- no, but if he realeased some material and robert plant did the same without each other you'd have yourself a plant vs. page threads on the led zep forums.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

I always thought the end of coma was a great example of his lyrical abilities. SCOM & patience not so much... too direct, too obvious, too sappy. One in a Million, never understood the link between the verses and the chorus...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I hate to say it, but with Chinese Democracy even, it seems like there's still a lot of innocence attached there.

See I disagree. I think CD represents Axl going through the 'buzzsaw that is life', and coming out the other end as a middle-aged man, and saying "Fuck that, fuck you". He's still got that fight in him.

Cornell is more of a situation of going through the same experiences, and coming out and going "it's my destiny, it's fate, and I can't control what I can't change". Like has been said before, it's inevitable. So you learn to live with it on some level, through the despair.

Axl's the type that's still wanting to kick the door in, both guns blazin'. And that's a fine way to deal with it too. He's already lost, but he's not going down without a fight.

Pretty much all of Shackler's Revenge is this attitude of I know now what you are, and i'm coming for you. Makes me think of Tombstone... "tell 'em Axl's comin', and hell follows". 16

So bittersweet
This tragedy
Won't ask for absolution

This melody
Inside of me
Still searches for solution

A twist of faith
A change of heart
Cures my infatuation

A broken heart
Provides the spark
For my determination

That right there says it best. He's been through hell, and came out the other side pissed. I know it sounds strange, but I think this attitude inside Axl as an artist, is the reason he's still here, and the Kurt Cobain's & Layne Staley's are not. He's not a burn out or a fade away. He just doesn't give fuck. He didn't give a fuck during AFD. But for different reasons. 1987 he didn't give a fuck, because it was about obtaining his individualism and indentity as a confused young adult. 2008 he doesn't give a fuck, because he is an individual, he got it, he's there, and now what the fuck is he gonna do with it?

I won't be told anymore
That I've been brought down in this storm
And left so far out from the shore
That I can't find my way back, my way anymore

No I won't be told anymore
That I've been brought back in this storm

No, I..
No, I...

Forgive that they teared down my soul
Bless them that they might grow old
A dream that's forgotten may know
That it's never too late

So many times that I've seen life before me
I searched and found the way to choose to the end
I found a way, to know, why it had to be
Mired in denial and saw all the rain

If we ever find it true
Love will have its way to choose
Three more to tame
We can be ever

(Quotes)

I won't be told anymore
That I've been brought down in this storm
And I can't find my way back, my way anymore

No I won't be told anymore
That I've been brought back in this storm

This is Axl's end game to me. Madagascar. This explains it all.

The truth that is found, is ironically of them all, Axl Rose is still here, he now understands, and unlike his peer's of the past, he still has that faith. That hope, that one day change will come for him. It's no longer innocence, it's wisdom.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
TheMole wrote:

One in a Million, never understood the link between the verses and the chorus...

the chorus is peopel talking about him..maybe how they perceived him, and how that they how he gets his shit together before he kills himself

You're one in a million
yeah thats what you are
one in a million babe
your a shooting a shooting star
maybe someday we'll see you
before you make us cry
you know we tried to reach you
but you were much to high

and the verses are basically a story of his life up til that time ... hitchhiking from indian to LA, getting attacked by a homo truckdriver, being arrested, being taken advantage of...dealing with the imigrant factor that wasnt present in indiana (or at least not to the extent that he witnessed in LA)

its basically a muiscal autobiography..you want the stoies james?  thats one of them

peopel are too quick to latch onto the derogatory words he uses in the song and dont bother to see them in the context of the "small town white boy just tryin to make ends meet"

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I'm probably not giving Axl a fair chance here, because to me CD has just about the same level of maturity lyric wise as the best songs off of UYI, but like James mentioned the CD material was written a decade ago.  So really we have no idea what he would write now.  (my guess is it would involve heartbreak) 16

Let's not bring Layne Staley into this discussion.

Board footer