You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Axl being sued for $1.8M by Front Line Management

apex-twin wrote:

At the end of the day, Azoff's a businessman and a Shyock to boot. His methods leave a healthy room for questioning, including the war he waged against Live Nation before the merger was began to be considered as a possibility. Trust me - $1,8M is peanuts to him, so it's nothing more than to force Axl's hand to get him into negotiations regarding the US tour.

Not to mention the conditions presented here are beyond absurd. 15% cut of the total gross, from 2008 to eternity, based on an oral agreement? Get real. Nobody cuts a deal like that on paper, so Irving's going to have a field day explaining how on earth they managed to secure it.

As for Goldstein, he makes a good hand puppet, but I fail to have been impressed by his managerial efforts in the past. It's no big surprise GNR didn't accomplish much after the Niven era, but simply ran out of steam. Merck wasn't all that hot, either. Azoff got the album out simply by cutting the best deal in the business and clearing the Universal end. Without him, I doubt the album would've ever seen the light of day.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

on the yahoo report, it says, "oral agreement", well hell, that doesn't hold water...

actually, would you believe that oral contracts can be as binding as written contracts. But without a written record, it can difficult to prove what you have agreed to.

If either party had witness to the 'gentleman's agreement' and are willing to testify in a court of law about what was agreed then the money could be up for grabs....

Az is no fool. He went into this ith his eyes fully open. I suspect Axl may have to put that Bugatti Veyron off his shopping list..

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

In other news ...

This is from the new issue of Classic Rock, from an article with readers' questions for KISS:

Is Doc McGhee still you manager, as I heard he was managing Guns N' Roses?

Paul Stanley: That's been very funny. A few weeks ago I said to Doc: "It would've been nice if you'd told us." Doc replied: "I had nothing to to do with it." Axl has decided, from what I understand, that Doc is his manager. That's a one-way agreement. because Doc is not managing Guns N' Roses. One day he certainly might but he's not right now. And he definitely is still our manager.

(found on HTGTH)

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

Does Axl just pick a name out of a hat to decide who manages GNR, and doesn't inform the "winner"?

James

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I personally think that as soon as Azoff find out that a reunion was not going to happen under any circumstances.... Azoff washed his hands pretty quick.

I agree. That was obviously the "end game" for Azoff. Without a reunion, there was no reason for someone of his caliber to manage the band. Once Azoff's "champagne wishes and caviar dreams" of a reunion were over, he no longer cared. As already mentioned, he wanted the album out of the way hoping to get that.

Azoff deserves major kudos though. Without him, we'd still be speculating if Sorry was "doom metal" and how big of a role Baz played on it. There would also still be threads with people saying "Track 2" isn't Prostitute, and their "sources" back them up. 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

There would also still be threads with people saying "Track 2" isn't Prostitute, and their "sources" back them up. 16

hey i resemble that remark 2

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Maybe the Doc thing was a joke from Axl. It was kind of a blast from the past 16

Sky Dog wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

At the end of the day, Azoff's a businessman and a Shyock to boot. His methods leave a healthy room for questioning, including the war he waged against Live Nation before the merger was began to be considered as a possibility. Trust me - $1,8M is peanuts to him, so it's nothing more than to force Axl's hand to get him into negotiations regarding the US tour.

Not to mention the conditions presented here are beyond absurd. 15% cut of the total gross, from 2008 to eternity, based on an oral agreement? Get real. Nobody cuts a deal like that on paper, so Irving's going to have a field day explaining how on earth they managed to secure it.

As for Goldstein, he makes a good hand puppet, but I fail to have been impressed by his managerial efforts in the past. It's no big surprise GNR didn't accomplish much after the Niven era, but simply ran out of steam. Merck wasn't all that hot, either. Azoff got the album out simply by cutting the best deal in the business and clearing the Universal end. Without him, I doubt the album would've ever seen the light of day.

good call on the leverage in negotiations for a US Tour....may also play in to Europe...no? I don't know how much of a presence Live Nation has in Europe. It seems Europe was a go for late SPRING/SUMMER and something stalled it out...wonder if there is any connection.:/

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
madagas wrote:

I don't know how much of a presence Live Nation has in Europe. It seems Europe was a go for late SPRING/SUMMER and something stalled it out...wonder if there is any connection.:/

Live Nation isn't the one and only in Europe, but they have a reasonable presence. This differs a bit between countries. Have worked with them locally, they're generally a professional company for what it's worth.

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

There would also still be threads with people saying "Track 2" isn't Prostitute, and their "sources" back them up. 16

hey i resemble that remark 2

Don't get your panties in a bunch. 13

I was referring to a staff member on a different forum who said their "secret sources" told them track 2 definitely was NOT Prostitute.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh God, that shit was SO ridiculous.

The fucking WORD was in the song, yet somehow it wasn't Prostitute. roll

No, oh wait... it's "proudly doom myself"... what the fuck does that even mean?

Board footer