You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: PAUL STANLEY: DOC MCGHEE Is Not Managing GUNS N' ROSES

misterID wrote:

I still think Axlin was right, that Azoff thought he could just put out CD and then talk Axl into a reunion where he saw big dollar signs. He just didn't know what he was getting into or who he was dealin with. Axl ain't no Don Henley. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think Axl is more swayable than people think.

He just ain't got there mentally yet. Axl's notorious for "waiting past the point of interest". He'll wait until he's 60, then talk reunion when everyone in his fanbase is either dead by drugs or suicide, or in jail.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

poor buzz

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

He just ain't got there mentally yet. Axl's notorious for "waiting past the point of interest". He'll wait until he's 60, then talk reunion when everyone in his fanbase is either dead by drugs or suicide, or in jail.

Or when no one cares enough to see a bunch of grandpas pretending to be some bad ass band from the 80's.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't think he's swayable at all.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

when axl's 60 he needs to be doing something more bluesy

axl on piano/vocals
1 guitar player
1 bass
1 drummer

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I believe he is TRYING to say that both God and psychics are unproven entities so one that goes to church is equally subject to criticism as one that goes to see a psychic.

That's basically it. Acquiesce says it very well, better than me anyway. It wasn't about the individual performing the act, but the believer believing in the act.

And he does point out a difference I did not think of. Frauds in the psychic world knows what they're doing is a con, and most priests are convinced of their belief. However, I do think these frauds exist in Christianity too...those Pat Robertson guys for example.

Not pushing this further smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't think he's swayable at all.

That's because new Guns still make money. When it's not profitable anymore, or when he wants more than what he's getting... he'll call.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

Psychics are frauds that claim to have powers they know very well they don't have. Religious figures are generally well intentioned people that have a genuine belief  because it's what's been accepted and passed down by society for many centuries.

I don't think that's true of all Psychics. Indeed there are many scammers and con people out there, but I also think there is a part of the psychic community that genuinely believe they have extra-sensory abilities and share what they beleive to be true with people.

They may or may not be misguided in their beliefs, it might just be chance or whatever, but I don't think it's accurate to say every psychic is intentionally lying and aware they don't have powers. I think some of them beleive they do.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

poor buzz

Not poor me.  I'm really getting to the point that I don't even care anymore.  Sad.

Board footer