You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: PAUL STANLEY: DOC MCGHEE Is Not Managing GUNS N' ROSES

Singer Axl Rose recently revealed via Twitter (see below) that GUNS N' ROSES is now managed by Doc McGhee, who has handled the careers of BON JOVI, MÖTLEY CRÃœE and KISS  throughout the years. There is one problem, however '” McGhee was apparently never told of the arrangement.

In the brand new issue of Classic Rock magazine, which goes on sale next Wednesday (March 31), KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley was asked if McGhee was still KISS' manager in light of the reports that Doc was now representing GUNS N' ROSES. "That's been very funny," Paul replied. "A few weeks ago I said to Doc: 'It would've been nice if you'd told us.' Doc replied: 'I had nothing to to do with it.'"

Stanley added, "Axl has decided, from what I understand, that Doc is his manager. That's a one-way agreement. because Doc is not managing GUNS N' ROSES. One day he certainly might but he's not right now. And he definitely is still our manager."

Neither GUNS N' ROSES nor Axl Rose is listed as a client on McGhee Entertainment's official web site.

As previously reported, Rose is being sued by Front Line Management, which claims the singer owes the company nearly $2 million in unpaid commissions.

Front Line Management, founded by Irving Azoff, sued Rose in Los Angeles on Thursday (March 25) for nearly $1.9 million in unpaid fees. The company claims it had an oral agreement with Rose to receive 15% of the GUNS N' ROSES' frontman's commissions.

axldoc.jpg

Source: www.blabbermouth.net

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Strange shyt indeed.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Maybe Baz hooked it up because of his history with Doc?

So Axl thinks he's got management, and Doc never agreed to anything, and there was a big miscommunication on Baz's part?

Just a guess

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

He even said "off to a fun start", which meaning they made a deal and then did something.

I'd say the truth is in the middle. Doc obviously have something to do with it, most likely spoke to Axl even did a deal with Axl, but didn't think it was like..."now I'm manager".

Then Kiss boys gets involved and is annoyed over Doc's new management plan. He backtracks and completely refuse to admit to having anything to do with Axl...but mind you...he reportedly said "maybe in the future" as to if he's gonna manage them or not. That tells me they've been doing something, but being confronted about it by Paul Stanley or whoever it was, makes him uncomfy and tells Kiss "noo.....where did Axl get that from?"

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:

He even said "off to a fun start", which meaning they made a deal and then did something.

I'd say the truth is in the middle. Doc obviously have something to do with it, most likely spoke to Axl even did a deal with Axl, but didn't think it was like..."now I'm manager".

Then Kiss boys gets involved and is annoyed over Doc's new management plan. He backtracks and completely refuse to admit to having anything to do with Axl...but mind you...he reportedly said "maybe in the future" as to if he's gonna manage them or not. That tells me they've been doing something, but being confronted about it by Paul Stanley or whoever it was, makes him uncomfy and tells Kiss "noo.....where did Axl get that from?"

A likely expanation.

However if I were Doc McGhee, I wouldn't risk my KISS job for a year nightmare with Axl.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

If we go down to semantics, it looks like this:

Axl posts to Twitter that Doc is managing Guns.

Paul Stanley learns about it likely the same route as the rest of us.

"A few weeks ago I said to Doc: 'It would've been nice if you'd told us.' Doc replied: 'I had nothing to to do with it.'"

Is Doc suggesting he had nothing to do with Axl posting things on Twitter, that the Tweet was made without his consent? All quite possible. There have been talks between Axl & Doc, that much is certain.

Stanley added, "Doc is not managing GUNS N' ROSES. One day he certainly might but he's not right now."

This suggests Axl jumped the gun on the announcement and the deal has not yet been completely finalized. Stanley suggests there's a strong possibility of Doc becoming the next Guns manager in the future, but so far, a deal has not yet been reached.

And I agree with DCK that Doc has been backtracking and avoiding it due to the ruffled feathers on the KISS end. Simmons and Stanley are likely to be a bit jealous for Axl stepping into their neighborhood, even if Doc should be allowed to make his own mind on the matter.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

If we go down to semantics, it looks like this:

Axl posts to Twitter that Doc is managing Guns.

Paul Stanley learns about it likely the same route as the rest of us.

"A few weeks ago I said to Doc: 'It would've been nice if you'd told us.' Doc replied: 'I had nothing to to do with it.'"

Is Doc suggesting he had nothing to do with Axl posting things on Twitter, that the Tweet was made without his consent? All quite possible. There have been talks between Axl & Doc, that much is certain.

Stanley added, "Doc is not managing GUNS N' ROSES. One day he certainly might but he's not right now."

This suggests Axl jumped the gun on the announcement and the deal has not yet been completely finalized. Stanley suggests there's a strong possibility of Doc becoming the next Guns manager in the future, but so far, a deal has not yet been reached.

And I agree with DCK that Doc has been backtracking and avoiding it due to the ruffled feathers on the KISS end. Simmons and Stanley are likely to be a bit jealous for Axl stepping into their neighborhood, even if Doc should be allowed to make his own mind on the matter.

A very good explanation.

It seems like Paul is being a bit possessive here.  He wants Doc all to himself.  Is it an unwritten rule that you can only manage ONE band at a time, especially if that band is KISS?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Gene Simmons is living up to his stage name and thinks he can make a Faustian deal out of everything.

Doc has other bands under his wing, but not one comparable to the name value of KISS. GNR is big enough to challenge KISS in terms of recognition and because of this, Axl has every right to demand equal dedication from Doc.

This likely threw the KISS boys off a little. Azoff has managed The Eagles since whenever and Merck had Morrissey and Elton John during his GNR trip. KISS respond to Doc the same way Axl was with Doug Goldstein - Dougie had other clients (incl. Zakk Wylde), but none as big as Guns.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Doc is a snake though

remember when he tricked all those bands into doing the Moscow Peace festival but in reality it was just to save his ass from the Pen?

Then he lied to all the bands and said everyone was equal, no pyro etc and then Bon Jovi got pyro and a longer set?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I hate KISS.

I hate Gene Simmons and his fake reality show.

I hate Paul Stanley. THE worst voice in Rock n Roll.

Board footer