You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Another Year Almost Gone By

just another year.   I gave up on "waiting" for the album a long time ago.  I'm sure it will come out at some point, but who knows when?

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

I have a question.

What if 2008 isn't the year either.

What will everyone do/think?

Abbey_Road wrote:

I have a question.

just another year.  won't change anything for me.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

I have a question.

just another year.  won't change anything for me.

I agree with you.  I just wonder if these message boards will still be active.  There is only so much you can talk about when it's dead.  But then again, they survived the silent era after the 02 tour canceled.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Not to start a whole reunion debate, but things are actually falling into place for one to happen in about the timeframe mr lofton predicted a year or so ago.  VR appears to be at the very least going through some struggles and nothing new from the Guns camp in months.  Axl went and recorded for Baz, so confidence in his ability to sing isn't the problem with CD.  Sure it's a stretch, but even though the odds of a reunion are low, I hink they are higher than the odds of CD coming out anytime soon.  If Finck leaves, Axl's only option is going to be a reunion because there's no way he's going to be allowed to start all over and I imagine Finck is all over whatever is the current version of CD lying around.

Finck leaving will cause new GNR to implode, and the project getting scrapped. Like you said, he is "all over this", and that just cant be replaced.

I no longer think a reunion is gonna happen, but thats because of Slash not Axl. However, if new GNR and VR imploded in the same year, it definitely changes things. IF a reunion happens, its definitely getting pushed back to 2009 because Slash isn't going to drop his solo plans just for Axl. Slash is at a huge peak in his career, and he knows it. That solo album could send his career into the stratosphere. He isn't going to risk fucking that up just for a huge paycheck for nostalgia.

Whats funny about the whole reunion thing is that Slash is the real deciding factor. Sure, it cant happen unless Axl gives it his seal of approval, but Slash really has all the cards in his hand. It doesn't happen unless he says so, and he has more to lose by doing one. Axl has nothing but 87-93 to fall back on, while Slash has the world in the palm of his hand.

If I had to place money on anyone leaving it would be Stinson 18 My guess is that he'll walk in 2008 if theres no album by March. He has options open to him.... second solo album through an indie label like Little Indian, a Mats reunion, more movie scores.

Yeah, Stinson has more options than any of them.

Yeah, someone is definitely gonna walk next year if CD doesn't materialize.

I have a question.

People will have things to discuss. Band member departures, Slash's solo record, any projects from Duff and Matt, CD era member solo projects, Izzy projects, reunion speculation,etc.

However, it wont be pretty......

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Jameslofton wrote:

That solo album could send his career into the stratosphere. He isn't going to risk fucking that up just for a huge paycheck for nostalgia.

If either of those was to put Slash into the stratosphere it would be a GNR reunion without a doubt. Sure a new solo album will further his career etc but compared to a GNR reunion it would be nothing. If GNR ever reunite Slash would be everywhere, tv, magazines, radio, you name it and he'd be playing to 70,000+ people a night. No way a solo album (however good it might be) would get him that kind of exposure imo.

I guess I'd just written off seeing CD this year around summer time so now we're here at the end of the year I'm not even slightly surprised or dissappointed as I've kind of expected a baron 07 for about 6 months. Considering Axl's letter last year and that the last official album update was back in Feb, I do think we're owed an update as to what's happening, as far as the official website is concerned the album is now in it's 8th month of mixing 10

I am optimistic for an 08 release however because as so many have said it can't go on much longer, it either gets released or someone breaks and things are as good as over. If the tidbits from Baz etc are true however (and I think they are) then 08 should almost certainly be the year the album comes out (heard it all before I know, I know). So for that reason I'm optimistic for the prospects of seeing CD in 08....for now anyway.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hmm...if nothing happens next year i'll keep waiting...i've been a GNR fan since the start...so i'm here to the bitter end...

In terms of CD comming out. I can't decide what I think anymore. To be honest I thought it was comming in 2006 cos of the way the band had a lot of buzz, from Eddie Trunk, the tours, and suddenly it all seemed to be happening. Then there was the note saying it was delayed but that it would probably be march 07. When that happened I had a lot of faith that 07 would 100% be the year. (Gullible I am i know, but it just made a lot of sence to me at the time).

Now its 9 months latter and theres no official word as far as I know. On one hand I feel like its soon - like as much as he runs his mouth - baz kinda has a point - it exists he's heard it - which means one day it will come out - and everyone says the record is done and that its just a business issue - and i figure if thats the case it would have to be resolved soon. As all business dudes like to make their money, they arn't going to sit on something for CD for years on end.

However the cynical part of me then remembers how Tommy Said he listened to the final mixes years ago and nothing happened (which makes u reconisder what baz is on about) and how all the cards where there in 02 (except Axl's voice I guess) and no one played a hand. So to be honest i'm fucked what i even think about this band anymore. I know I want to hear the album one day, but I have no real belief or disbelief either way that 2008 will be the year. I hope it is though.

As far as the reunion thing goes. What's interesting to me at the moment is that i'm reading Slash's book, and you get a real sence of how both Slash and Axl have always done things according to their own timelines and egos and stuff, and to me theres a strong sence of fluke about how easily we might never have had UYI and stuff like that. And how fast songs that had been around for ever in draft form were finally properly done once the full line up got involved. And how ALL these guys did stuff to the others that's pretty harsh...then just came back as if not much happened. As much as i'm not saying its likely, it kinda shows to me that a reunion isn't as closed a door as you might think. At least based on history.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

another year gone, and the closest thing to a gnr release was the slash book.
i feel we're supporting this band based on nothing. but we're still here.
it doesn't matter anymore. i think nobody cares who's to blame and the fans are finally giving axl what he wanted: indifference. he can do whatever he wants, we'll probably wait and live our lives in the meantime. this year had shows but they passed and i didn't even get excited. in 2006 i watched the rio show online at 3am and i couldn't believe they are back, now almost 2 years gone, and i'm still listening to 10 tracks in different stages of mixing or live versions (i'm listening to the blues leak and i still "sing" the "ok, nevermind" part from rir3 smile ). maybe we'll hear it next year, maybe we won't, but there's too many of us that get excited whenever axl promises something. whatever. whenever it's coming out i'll buy it, but i'm disappointed.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer