You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Re: Another Year Almost Gone By

Jameslofton wrote:

It just isn't home unless JB and BBA are arguing.:haha:

BBA, concerning your previous post, BBF has talked quite a bit about GNR since joining. In fact, he has been the most fan friendly person to ever be in the band. Do I like him? Not much, and I would prefer BH take his spot any day of the week, but you gotta give credit where its due. He treats the fans with respect, and I would go as far as saying he treats them as equals.

I agree with your entire post, James. BBF's a nice guy. No argument there. I'm just saying when most people think GN'R buzz, BBF probably doesn't come to mind. That's all.

bba

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

slash rulezzzzzzzz

Finck must think the same considering he's spent the majority of his career covering his material.  16

Real GN'R > Coverband

bba

BBF is the shit.   He's great to GnR fans and at least as far as these GnR forums are concerned and the one million plus fans who saw GnR in the last couple years, he has been the reason for a lot of GN'R buzz.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:

I'm just saying when most people think GN'R buzz, BBF probably doesn't come to mind. That's all.

You're blaming them for that?? Its not their fault. There's no album for fans to feel a strong connection to this lineup. Of course people aren't going to think of individual CD era members when they hear the name GNR. Its impossible. When there is released material with those guys involvement, people will definitely know them, whether it sells 50 thousand copies or 5 million.

A reminder: When the band made that comeback at the 2002 VMA's and created that huge buzz that unfortunately didn't last long, people weren't saying Axl was back. They were saying GNR is back. Joe Public is willing to move forward and accept a different lineup. It is Axl that is holding things back.

Jameslofton wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:

I'm just saying when most people think GN'R buzz, BBF probably doesn't come to mind. That's all.

You're blaming them for that?? Its not their fault. There's no album for fans to feel a strong connection to this lineup. Of course people aren't going to think of individual CD era members when they hear the name GNR. Its impossible. When there is released material with those guys involvement, people will definitely know them, whether it sells 50 thousand copies or 5 million.

A reminder: When the band made that comeback at the 2002 VMA's and created that huge buzz that unfortunately didn't last long, people weren't saying Axl was back. They were saying GNR is back. Joe Public is willing to move forward and accept a different lineup. It is Axl that is holding things back.

you are correct james in that the general public doesn't equate the guys in the band now to GNR simply because they don't know.    With that said, over a million people saw GnR live over the last 2 years so its better than it was.

But on these GnR forums everyone is well aware and if BBF made a comment right now about a song he recorded on for GNR these forums would defintely be lit up with "GnR Buzz". 

And i defintely agree with your 2002 comments.  The public was ready for GnR to come back but who knows what the fuck happened.   For what its worth, Axl came back in much better form in 2006.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

it is a shame sad

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

thats why I go see them every chance I can.  With Axl, you realy don't know what to expect or when to expect it again.

Sky Dog wrote:

sometimes I just kinda feel like Axl is singing this Beck song..sorry to be a sad tomato...:(

Your sorry eyes, they cut through bone.
They make it hard to leave you alone.
Leave you here wearing your wounds
Waving your guns at somebody new.

Baby Im a lost
Baby Im a lost
Baby Im a lost cause.

Theres too many people you used to know
They see you coming they see you go.
They know your secrets and you know theirs
This town is crazy, but nobody cares.

Baby Im a lost