You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: One Week Sober

DCK wrote:

I was very hesitant towards drinking at first, and didn't start with some massive saturday drinking before I was well over 20. Then for a few years I drank every weekend in honor of a shitty job and being dumped by a girlfriend in a harsh way. Then I got bored with it. Now I drink maybe once a month or once every two months. I'm too old for that stuff...raving around in town not remembering shit afterwords. Once I drank too much and fell asleep in a park...not bad in itself..but it bad because people were looking for me for hours, thinking something had happened to me. So, after that accident I pulled back and now I don't really give a shit thinking the hangover next day isn't worth it. I'd rather write on my book projects or bike or just watch a movie with my wife. Yep, I can sense 30 coming now..this year.

Good luck to you man!

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks... so far, so good. Also, my first physical in at LEAST a decade....

Should be interesting.... How goes the battle, Gong?

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Heres some inspiration fr you. I been listening t it non stop all week and haven't touched a bottle.

It's about alcoholism and giving up. The lyrics paint quite the accurate picture

Wow... That song is awesome... and yeah... it definitely helps... thanks.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks... so far, so good. Also, my first physical in at LEAST a decade....

Should be interesting.... How goes the battle, Gong?

I'm still sober ... going to see the Sox play on Saturday.

That should be interesting.

Fenway Park and alcohol abuse / binge drinking go hand-in-hand to me.

It will be nice to do the 90 minute drive home sober for once.

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

have fun at the game, man... i'm going to a game in a few weeks. 5 dollar diet cokes are gonna rule. But again... the 2 1/2 hour sober drive home should be an interesting change...

Gong

Gong wrote:

Oh! I'm a month sober today ... yay

Still no urge to booze, but my enthusiasm for this whole thing has definitely waned.

:shrugs:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Gong wrote:

Oh! I'm a month sober today ... yay

Still no urge to booze, but my enthusiasm for this whole thing has definitely waned.

:shrugs:

Sounds like the reality of not getting high has set in, and that reality is harsh.

Now's the time to be extra careful about a relapse.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Definitely. The mind set works everytime for just about everything. From indulgence to addiction to dieting.

This is when you almost always start saying "why am I doing this?" "What's it for?" "Who cares"

Those are just doubts. Now is when you prove to yourself you have the strength to carry on. Think of how you felt at 'one week sober'. Think of how you felt at 'one month sober'. Think of how you'll feel at 'two months sober' and the fantastic progress you're making. It might sound simple, but it's good advice.

Don't convince yourself you need to cope with being sober. It's a trigger. Just remember you're kicking ass right now, and to continue to do so.

Gong

Gong wrote:

You guys rock

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

I'm still with ya, man.... 37 days and going strong....
other than cigarettes.. i'm like a fucking health nut now... hmm

however:

[youtube]t7APHjZlHH8&feature=related[/youtube]

Board footer