You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chinese Democracy Multitrack!se, and im n

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Not to be a downer... But is this legal?

That's like asking if me buying oxycontin from my drug dealer is legal. Technically it might not be, but since I have tons of prescription bottles from doctors/dentists, I can dance in front of a cop with pills falling out of my mouth and there really isn't much he can do about it.

We are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, huh?

We scraped the bottom of the barrel years ago. At this point we're just trying to sniff fumes from those scrapings...

ackcelll , you could have traded these for the 1,976, 233rd TWAT demo. Rumor says a dog whistle is blown at the  1:12- 1:14 mark.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
drborken wrote:

i think what hes trying to get at is that a lot of people want these, and might be willing to trade a lot for them. think of all the stuff that happened last time, when MSL got the prostitute files. these tracks are definately in demand. maybe it would benefit everyone in the long run to sit on them for a while

^.

And I bet the people who actually ripped/copied/magic-ed these files would be upset by them appearing in public forum like this. I doubt the story about his friend doing it.

gnroldchild
 Rep: 0 

gnroldchild wrote:

not real multitracks to me, he filtered with adobe audition some tracks or obtained some files...He's trying to get attention and trying to make profits on things he doesn't have. We saw those things happing all time...

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

^^good point, but I think when msl had the prostitute multis he put his feelers out for a trade but soon realized there's nothing else (or so he suggested)

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
drborken wrote:

i think what hes trying to get at is that a lot of people want these, and might be willing to trade a lot for them. think of all the stuff that happened last time, when MSL got the prostitute files. these tracks are definately in demand. maybe it would benefit everyone in the long run to sit on them for a while

As I said: We are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

It's clear these files have some value to Russ and a few others, but obviously no one has been able to trade them for an unheard track - did any one ever think that would be a fair 1:1 trade?

Axl's not sharing his music with us, and neither are the select few who have unheard demos.

These files being dumped here confirms this.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

It's clear these files have some value to Russ and a few others, but obviously no one has been able to trade them for an unheard track - did any one ever think that would be a fair 1:1 trade?

Maybe not a 1:1 trade, but a 14:2 trade would work. Or 14:1.
Or whatever. A little imagination goes a long way.

I've been watching too many Garak episodes of DS9...

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Gagarin wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

Maybe not a 1:1 trade, but a 14:2 trade would work. Or 14:1.
Or whatever.

Well, the proof is in the pudding. It hasn't worked.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Obviously these have no value. They never did. Hell, any unheard demos have little to no value, and these Rock Band files are junk bonds. No offense meant to the person who brought them here or those that like messing around with the tracks.

Facts are facts. These RB files were worthless in 2008, they're worthless in 2010, and they'll be worthless in 2020 as well.

Its just something for fans to play around with and listen to isolated tracks. Value NEVER should have been attached to them.

I remember last year some douche bag on another site bragging about having all these and saying he would never leak them. I laughed. His files and $3.69 will get you a can of oysters at Safeway.

ackcelll
 Rep: 2 

ackcelll wrote:

Im sorry but ive been asked to delete everything. i must comply because i dont want to cause offense to anyone. Sorry i didnt know people would not like these posted.

Board footer