You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Slash - Crucify The Dead

Sky Dog wrote:

guessing Stephanie...sure about the girl thing..

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
DCK wrote:

People act like Axl was lost over this Stephanie thing..like some kind of victim that lost his love and could never love again. Pffff...he prolly found some other chick at least within a year, but simply kept it away from the media.

Ah.

http://www.amazon.com/Juliet-Naked-nove … 1594488878

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yeah, I think they are both about the other, but I just said "believe what you want to believe" because they both don't directly admit it. So, you have to decide for yourself.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I would guess that it is at the very least indirectly, but likely very directly about Axl.  Whoever wrote this doesn't have the subtle lyrical abilities of Axl, that's for sure.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Whoever wrote this doesn't have the subtle lyrical abilities of Axl, that's for sure.

"I'd like to crush your head tight in my vice"

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl's never gonna live down Get In The Ring.

Oh yeah Street of Dreams is about Vicki Hamilton. tongue

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Whoever wrote this doesn't have the subtle lyrical abilities of Axl, that's for sure.

"I'd like to crush your head tight in my vice"

I guess I can't compliment Axl then...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I always thought street of dreams was about Erin and seeing her years later on at the divorse but I have no real basis to say that.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
DCK wrote:

It's about a girl obviously, but the jury is out on the Stephanie thing...it's prolly about some chick he met. People act like Axl was lost over this Stephanie thing..like some kind of victim that lost his love and could never love again. Pffff...he prolly found some other chick at least within a year, but simply kept it away from the media.

I think people go overboard with that, but there was plenty of stuff supporting those kinds of statements that didn't come from fandom, but people who were at times close to him or heard the Chinese material.

He said Hollywood Blvd / (or Sunset strip?) was an image he had writing the song, hence part of the name change and that line in the song, so it could have been Erin or Stephanie plus many other people he saw get caught up in something and washed away.

But the intent is a woman. No way is this top hat or band.

Axl wasn't always subtle, but in that same song he does a list that includes yeast infections, bleach blond, silocone, and collagen. So... that outweighs that. What a list of imagery. Like an inventory of contempt. That's pretty interesting lyrically.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Crucify, whoever wrote it, SHOULD NOT be trying to get into a lyrical war with Axl.  Sorry better written both musically and lyrically. 

Crucify I am not a huge fan of, but there are just way too many phrases in it for me to honestly believe it's not directed at Axl.

And Axlin, technically you are using inductive reasoning, not deductive.  Just a little correction there.  16

Board footer