You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Oslo, Norway - June 2, 2010 (Oslo Spektrum)

slcpunk wrote:

Be careful with all this talk, Jarmo is watching you!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

All of the things you guys are describing, has been Axl's MO since 1992.

It makes it even more difficult for GN'R, because at least in those days they had Slash as a spokesman. Who could keep the light on.

Ron & DJ try, but no one knows who the hell they are. Axl has this amazing ability to be the best rock frontman in the world, but at times, he seems like he absolutely hates it.

Yeah unfortunately others ARE willing to talk, but few care what they have to say.  It's all about Axl, and he's just not willing to do interviews anymore it seems.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
DCK wrote:

Well, hate to break it to you, but you should have expected it. I didn't mention anything about late starts in my review, because Axl simply does it like that.

If it's me you're aiming at, I can assure you I am under no illusion that a GNR-show will start "on time"...

In Bergen we got to the venue at around 20:00 (I wanted to hear Danko), when people started to whine and whistle around 22:00, me and my friend went; "really?! Already?!" In Oslo we nearly missed the opening intro.... In 2006 I came to the venue when the opening acts were wrapping up their set. In '93 I waited in line from 8 o'clock in the morning outside Valle Hovin, but that's another story...  smile

The late start is usually not a big problem with me or when it comes to indoor venues in big cities. The problem appears when the gig is organized like it was in Bergen. With little or no public transportation after midnight on an ordinary weekday. The promoter didn't take the chance of having the gig at the outdoor place in downtown Bergen, where Metallica and Coldplay have played. The rules there are too strict for Axl... smile The promoter got multiple confirmations from GNR-management that the show would start "around 21:00" If a promotoer doesn't see a financial gain in GNR. The fans and GNR in that town are fucked! And who the hell wants that? You can't just shrug it of with an arrogant excuse like "Axl simply does it like that..."

I mean, if Axl doesn't want to come back and play in the cities he visits, then keep it up...

On top of all this, the star of the party performs like he doesn't want to be there. The combination is no good!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

In 2006, I came to the Estero show 3 HOURS LATE...

Still beat Axl by 45 minutes

johndivney wrote:

in '06 i MISSED the first 4 songs because they started ON TIME @ 8 sharp.
one of my mates actually said, that sounds like GnR on now. the rest of us scoffed, there'd be no way the band would start so early. i think it's somethin 2 du with the strict curfew laws/fines in the republic of ireland - or that it was an outdoor gig n axl wanted 2 see the irish sun.

edit: the other 2 times i've seen them ('02/'06) they were slightly late.. 50mins-60mins.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

You got some good points there Naltav. I may have jumped the gun a little, and I apologize.

The difference in starts is confusing and can be a bit of a problem. No question about it.

Im not sure if Axl acted in Oslo as he did in Detroit, most likely not.

Still a point to consider though

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

A couple of days ago I watched a little of KOHD from this gig and was really taken a back by how bored Axl sounded singing it, first time ever I felt that way hearing Axl singing.
Hopefully its just a blip, he's only human after all and who knows whats wrong with him.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I would be bored as fuck too, I don't blame him sometimes being bored singing these songs.

I just don't get it though. The GNR back-catalouge is FILLED with songs that fits just as well as a songs like KOHD or Live and let die. They're not THAT special.

You will get just as good response doing other songs, like Civil War, Don't Cry or Yesterdays for example.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

For most of the tour so far (Asia, Canada, South- and Central-America), Axl have seemed to be in a good mood, on fire and the reviews have been mostly great! Remember those reviews from Canada?! Cool, huh?

Am I taking my negative experience in Bergen and Oslo a bit too personal? I might, for reasons I have explained earlier... I will try not to dwell on it anymore. Nobody likes a partypooper (that's a word, right?)...

All in all, things are not looking too doom and gloom for GNR. If rumours are to believe, they've got something in the works, and I might be able to see them again in the next couple of years! And I'll be there first in line! Well... not first in line, but I'll be there!!

5  DCK !!

Board footer