You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

Axl is as talented as anyone on that list. Why would he need to work with them under any set of circumstances?

It has nothing to do with his talent, though I'd disagree with your statement.  It has everything to do with his lack of getting anything productive done and his inability to get on stage at a reasonable hour.

Sky Dog wrote:

who f'n cares...it's his life and he can do as he pleases. He makes a pretty good living considering he doesn't "get anything productive done."

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

james, i am curious to see who your supergroup would include. when you have time, please give me your group the way you would have it in a perfect world. thanks. also, anyone else............this thread is getting stale anyways. like someone said earlier action or nothing.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

who f'n cares...it's his life and he can do as he pleases. He makes a pretty good living considering he doesn't "get anything productive done."

I would think the people in his supergroup would care.  We're discussing a completely hypothetical situation.  No need to get your panties in a bunch over it.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am a little frazzled today.....tequila.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

come on guys. hypothetically speaking........who would be in the axl rose fronted super-group. curious to hear everyones thoughts.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

They shouldn't announce one f'n thing in regards to a new album or tour unless it is concrete official. Personally, having a carrot dangled in front of my face for ten years was enough. All action or nothing.

I agree 10000000000000%. I am sick of the faux mystery and its a huge turn off for me at this point. I'll take silence until something really happens over hints of bullshit they cant and wont back up.

Well I respectfully disagree with you guys.

It's like Axl hasn't learned any lessons at all.

You just can't keep your fans in the dark. And expect them to stick around. Not in 2010.

We don't even know if he intends to put out another album - let alone a rough time frame to the release date.

Is he going to launch a U.S. tour?

Does Axl want the songs to leak again? WTF is he waiting for?

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

buzzsaw wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

I love this Robin / Bucket Love Festival.

They truly need one of these boys back in the band.

I refuse to see Guns without a Chinese Democracy era guitarist.

I agree that having one of them back in the band would be good provided I get to choose which one.  bucket

I agree, I want a god damn fucking toy though or for him to throw his blue apron into the audience but, before he does that he does the moon walk and twirl it in the air.

I miss the crab dance by Robin.

I don't mean to start an argument about this, but why I like Robin and Bucket is they gave something creative to the band versus the other new joes.

Anyhow, anyone miss the black military helmet and white spacesque suits or is the lion from the Wizard of Oz look the coolest of la Finck?

As far as the CDII release I just really don't care unless it is dominated by the CD era guitarists from 1999-2008 (Buckethead / Finck).

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
rose22 wrote:

come on guys. hypothetically speaking........who would be in the axl rose fronted super-group. curious to hear everyones thoughts.

Well, I wasn't actually trying to start up another "dream group" thread. Just stating that he could thrive under those conditions without being tied to the GNR name and the expectations(or lack thereof) that come with it.

Axl- vocals
Kim Thayil- lead guitar
Justine Frischmann- guitar, vocals
Ben Shepherd- bass, vocals
Nick Menza- drums

Menza the exception, that's a band full of songwriters. Even if Axl has writers block or just wants to "shut up and sing" and not worry about creating the actual music/lyrics, its an environment that would suit him well.

Fuck it. Just hire those people and label it Guns N Roses.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
rose22 wrote:

Well, I wasn't actually trying to start up another "dream group" thread. Just stating that he could thrive under those conditions without being tied to the GNR name and the expectations(or lack thereof) that come with it.

Axl- vocals
Kim Thayil- lead guitar
Justine Frischmann- guitar, vocals
Ben Shepherd- bass, vocals
Nick Menza- drums

Menza the exception, that's a band full of songwriters. Even if Axl has writers block or just wants to "shut up and sing" and not worry about creating the actual music/lyrics, its an environment that would suit him well.

Fuck it. Just hire those people and label it Guns N Roses.

I always kind of saw Stinson as a Ben Shephard-esque choice if that makes any sense at all.

If we are going to do the whole dream group thing i'd go:

Axl - vocals
Navarro - lead
Izzy - rhythm
Ben Shephard - bass
Stephen Perkins - drums

producer - Michael Beinhorn or Dave Jerden 11

Board footer