You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

Axlin16 wrote:

I also came very close to just putting Izzy on rhythm.

He's the fuckin' man, what I can I say...

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
rose22 wrote:

come on guys. hypothetically speaking........who would be in the axl rose fronted super-group. curious to hear everyones thoughts.

They had a supergroup in 2002 with BH, Robin, Tommy, Fortus and Brain.

Fortus is the only one who was not in a known band.

That is why its so sad how far this band had fallen talent wise.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

you are right. it just sucks that axl couldn't get the album out back then. through all this i find it amazing that the guys that made the songs and recorded it aren't the ones playing the shit now. yeah i know that some of the material was re-re-re-recorded to feature the players that he has now but damn. to drop the album around mtv 2002 and right before north american tour. then again his voice was suspect and like james has said often....he was in no mental state to be on tour. i would agree both physically and mentally.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

GN'R 2001-2003 line up  was the best GN'R line up since the original broke up. Amen.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Saboteur, haven't seen you post in a coon's age. Good to see ya back.....

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

Hi James my brother. How are you?

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
rose22 wrote:

you are right. it just sucks that axl couldn't get the album out back then. through all this i find it amazing that the guys that made the songs and recorded it aren't the ones playing the shit now. yeah i know that some of the material was re-re-re-recorded to feature the players that he has now but damn. to drop the album around mtv 2002 and right before north american tour. then again his voice was suspect and like james has said often....he was in no mental state to be on tour. i would agree both physically and mentally.

True, because now you basically have a cover band covering the CD songs and the AFD songs.

That is the only reason Axl put Ron on every  track of CD no matter how small his addition was, and even putting Frank on some of the songs.

Because he knows its bad he cannot even keep his band together. Frank added nothing to CD and it was a joke he redid brains CD.  And I still dont think Ron added anything good to CD, he just made the album more of a mess by adding parts that didnt even fit in the context of the song.

It was rumored CDII was made with CD, so hopefully there is a ton of BH< Robin, and Brain on the next album. It would be stupid to replace brains tracks with Frank, and to have DJ redo Robins parts

That is why I really think the best think that can happen is for the hoarders to leak out the songs the way they were meant to be heard. The 2002-06 versions before Axl started adding addition band members.

Imagine the out cry if when Gilby joined he redid izzys parts of UYI?

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
rose22 wrote:

True, because now you basically have a cover band covering the CD songs and the AFD songs.

That is the only reason Axl put Ron on every  track of CD no matter how small his addition was, and even putting Frank on some of the songs.

Because he knows its bad he cannot even keep his band together. Frank added nothing to CD and it was a joke he redid brains CD.  And I still dont think Ron added anything good to CD, he just made the album more of a mess by adding parts that didnt even fit in the context of the song.

It was rumored CDII was made with CD, so hopefully there is a ton of BH< Robin, and Brain on the next album. It would be stupid to replace brains tracks with Frank, and to have DJ redo Robins parts

That is why I really think the best think that can happen is for the hoarders to leak out the songs the way they were meant to be heard. The 2002-06 versions before Axl started adding addition band members.

Imagine the out cry if when Gilby joined he redid izzys parts of UYI?

your right that it would be stupid to replace bh and robin for the cd 2 material but lets be honest. thats exactly what he would do. if there was some great songs during bh era that would still be on cd 2 if and when it came out, he would do exactly what he did for this album. credit bh in some way and keep some of his shit and have ron re-do things(which he already has) the whole thing is a damn mess when you think about it and is very unfortunate. they really should leak a bunch of shit and if they keep this line-up create a new album with these players period.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Axl should just release a box set of the CD sessions from 99-2006 then write a new album with the current band.  Axl probably has a bunch of lyrics to unfished songs this band could use. I think it would be a lot better than this band just covering what BH and Robin write.

DJ can write some good songs, and Ron has written stuff for his solo album.
We all know Tommy and Pitman can also write. So I think they could write an album pretty quickly.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

This is the man that left out Brian May, I wouldn't be surprised if he asked them to completely re-record CD2

A question I have - if Axl 'handed over' 30 something tracks to the record company, can they release the remainder or publish them in anyway without his authority? I seemed to remember Universal signed a big deal with Axl years back for publishing rights - even with the release of CD they must be still out of pocket for the new era

Board footer