You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

Re: Noes

dr_love6977 wrote:

I honestly think it's worth a view. I was reading the rotten tomato reviews on my phone while I was in line to buy tix. There's a lot of the quick, jumpy scares that you can see coming a mile away, but I dunno, Rorschach just brings this creepyness to it. I think he brings something good to the table as far his role as Freddy goes.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't like watching cams, but one leaked so I'm gonna go ahead and watch this now.

dr_love6977

dr_love6977 wrote:

What'd you think?

James

James wrote:

I actually fell asleep while watching it, although that had nothing to do with its quality. I was really tired. Gonna watch it in a few hours.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

so whats the virdict on this version anyway

from all the previews and shit it looked pretty dsimilar to the orig...NOES I was pretty gruesome from what iremember it was later on that freddy became a parody

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, NOES 1 & 2 and New Nightmare were dark. NOES 3 is when they turned it into camp. NOES 5 tried to be a hybrid between the two, with the camp, but a darker, grittier presentation, and audiences didn't like it, so they turned it back to pure camp for NOES 6 and FvJ.

James

James wrote:

Finally watched it last night and thought it was pretty good. Best of the remakes yet. Not an Elm Street nutswinger so maybe I just have low expectations. Not turning him into a stand up comedian was a smart move. I also liked how he was a molester and not a killer, and they teetered on him possibly being innocent for a brief moment. That was obviously an ode to that insane preschool crap from the 80s, which was a nice touch.

I can easily handle Englund not being Freddy. This guy gives the character an entirely new dimension. I loved the line "Your mouth says no but your body says yes". Craven never would have went there in the original franchise.

As long as he doesn't turn into Rodney Dangerfield, this might actually turn into a decent remake franchise.

This film also had a good cast, which is an anomaly in these remakes.

dr_love6977

dr_love6977 wrote:

Yeah, Hayley gives a whole new spin on the role. It's a lot darker. There are the trademark Freddy one-liners, but his delivery is so dry and creepy that it's not cheesy. There's just something about Hayley's voice that sells him in this role.

Board footer