You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: PanterA

Neemo wrote:

just listened to Live 101 proof today for the first time in a long while....OMFG they were incredible 11

"I can see every motherfucker in here and I want an answer from the fucking front to the goddamn back....WHAT DO YOU WANNA FUCKING HEAR!!!!!!!!???????"

FFUUCCKKIINNGG HHOOSSTTIILLEE!!!!

"AHHHH__IIIGGHT!!! I fucking love it i swear to god, ok i know what you wanna hear...ready dime? ready vince? ready rex? get ready, cuz in about 4 seconds things are gonna look alot different.  1-2-3-4....."

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

One of the best live metal albums of all time. Phil is ridonkulous tho. I love right before the solo in Walk when he says "no way ya fuckin punk," then says something that I'm pretty sure isn't English.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Loved Pantera, never cared for any of their fans tho.

No offense meant to the very cool people here tho. I'm sure you guys are on the level. 16

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Right the fuck right now!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/panteras-vu … dium=email

Pantera’s Vulgar Display Of Power Anniversary Edition Coming Soon

by Andrew Tijs on March 1, 2012

Pantera’s Vulgar Display Of Power gets unreleased track and DVD for the special 20-year anniversary edition.

In February 1992, Texan metallers Pantera released their game-changing sixth album Vulgar Display Of Power, finally shaking off the glam trappings of their first albums.

The album eventually went double-platinum, and became a landmark of the metal genre, spawning scores of imitators.

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of its release, Rhino Records plan a deluxe edition of the album, featuring a previously-unreleased and recently discovered song ‘Piss’, recorded during the sessions.

It’ll also have a DVD with three video clips (‘Mouth For War’, ‘This Love’ and ‘Walk’) as well as live footage from their 1992 performance at Italy’s Monsters of Rock Festival, performing four tunes from the album and the title track from Cowboys From Hell .

The deluxe CD/DVD Vulgar Display Of Power will be released on May 15.

DVD Tracklisting
‘Mouth For War’ – Live In Italy
‘Domination/Hollow’ – Live In Italy
‘Rise’ – Live In Italy
‘This Love’ – Live In Italy
‘Cowboys From Hell’ – Live In Italy
‘Mouth For War’ – Video
‘This Love’ – Video
‘Walk’ – Video

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

They were the band that should have become more popular in the 90s. Funny how Marilyn Manson, Limp Bizkit & Korn hit it big.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Loved Pantera, never cared for any of their fans tho.

No offense meant to the very cool people here tho. I'm sure you guys are on the level. 16

How I agree with this so much!

Will be interesting to hear the unreleased track.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/panteras-vu … dium=email

Pantera’s Vulgar Display Of Power Anniversary Edition Coming Soon

by Andrew Tijs on March 1, 2012

Pantera’s Vulgar Display Of Power gets unreleased track and DVD for the special 20-year anniversary edition.

In February 1992, Texan metallers Pantera released their game-changing sixth album Vulgar Display Of Power, finally shaking off the glam trappings of their first albums.

The album eventually went double-platinum, and became a landmark of the metal genre, spawning scores of imitators.

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of its release, Rhino Records plan a deluxe edition of the album, featuring a previously-unreleased and recently discovered song ‘Piss’, recorded during the sessions.

It’ll also have a DVD with three video clips (‘Mouth For War’, ‘This Love’ and ‘Walk’) as well as live footage from their 1992 performance at Italy’s Monsters of Rock Festival, performing four tunes from the album and the title track from Cowboys From Hell .

The deluxe CD/DVD Vulgar Display Of Power will be released on May 15.

DVD Tracklisting
‘Mouth For War’ – Live In Italy
‘Domination/Hollow’ – Live In Italy
‘Rise’ – Live In Italy
‘This Love’ – Live In Italy
‘Cowboys From Hell’ – Live In Italy
‘Mouth For War’ – Video
‘This Love’ – Video
‘Walk’ – Video

Might have to pick that up. Love Pantera! 9

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

They were the band that should have become more popular in the 90s. Funny how Marilyn Manson, Limp Bizkit & Korn hit it big.

They were pretty big, number 1 albums (Far Beyond Driven), and sold out tours is pretty big.

It was only towards the end before they split, that their popularity started to slide. But I thought that was due to the mediocre last effort (Reinventing The Steel).

I think they hit their peak with Great Southern Trendkill. There are some awesome tracks on that album.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Love Pantera, but for some reason I can't stand to listen to their studio albums any more. The production on those things is so god damned awful that it just drives me nuts. Especially the scooped-as-fuck guitars. Ugh!

I'm hoping the anniversary edition will be re-mastered (and why not, re-mixed)!

Board footer