You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Mike Patton's Mondo Cane

I know we have some Mike Patton fans here, and since just about every CD he's worked on for the past 10 years has been delayed at least 3 times, I thought I'd let you know that today, Mondo Cane, a live-recorded album of Italian pop covers with a 30-piece orchestra, is out. You can get it on iTunes.

I'm going to have to see if I can get a physical copy of this, but the 30-second samples sound so good I'm tempted to give in and buy it on iTunes.

For those of us Patton fans that always want to hear him sing clearer, as opposed to the rap/scream/random noise/distortion that so many of his releases use, this is a great chance to hear his more formal singing voice.

mondo-cane.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Just checked this out on iTunes. I love it. Very different with Patton doing this stuff. The orchestra is great, it's decent stuff.

It's no shock that Deep Down is the most popular. It sounds like a FNM track.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

A buddy of mine's wife has been waiting for this for about 3 years.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna let her know right now, and maybe buy it myself.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I have listened to this and, as with his bungle stuff, I just dont get it.  I guess I need Jim and Roddy in the mix too.. I do appreciate Mikes voice tho..have since day1

Communist China

Really? You need Jim? Even as an FNM fan, half of their work with Patton was without him, and even though Angel Dust might be my favorite Patton release ever and is certainly my favorite FNM record, as long as Billy and Roddy are there I think it's great stuff.

Of course, I love Bungle too. I guess this is more Bungle than FNM, but I'd say it's something else entirely. Only on California does Bungle get close to this level of sheen and 'class', Bungle was just all about chaos. This isn't chaotic, it's just different.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I just prefer all the early stuff over the newer stuff.. tho I do like a lof of the newer stuff, just not pattons bungle years and not this.  I just grew up listening to the earlier stuff..guess that makes me wrong on this forum

Communist China

No haha, just makes you wrong in my mind, and what do I know?

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

great stuff... leave it to mike patton to consistently expand my palette to different shit....

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Wow this is really fuckin good!  Definitely not what I expected, but then again I didn't know what to expect.

Communist China

Finally got this a few days ago and have been playing it quite a bit. I really like it, one of my favorite Patton releases of the past couple years.

Board footer