You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: CD Moggs Currently Available

-D- wrote:

Tried DL the bundle and it stalled last night..... will try again

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

James, for once, you're clueless.

GNR is just a dot on the scope, and they, meaning -NO ONE WHO YOU SEE POSTING AT MYGNR- care because of months of research, hours of work, and the potential to see it go away because Harmonix catches them and the more sensitive bands stop or don't put content on DLC. The Chinese Democracy Moggs were among the first batch done, but they certainly weren't the last, and there's many more that could come.

Only when GNR fandom got connected to this did it get ridiculous.

Just because someone has something you don't doesn't mean they owe you anything or owe fans, or makes someone 'hoarder' because they have something that you don't. Sorry, but to me, "do not distribute" until the all clear of Rock Band III didn't seem like too much to ask. And that's what I did.

So cut the hoarder shit because that's what it is. The files weren't "mine" to give away.

And if they're "turds", they're turds, but to others they're very fascinating --- and to me, it's not just Chinese Democracy, but dozens and dozens of other artists and songs that I've heard multitracks of.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

If by clueless you mean right on the money, then I agree.

James

James wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

GNR is just a dot on the scope, and they, meaning -NO ONE WHO YOU SEE POSTING AT MYGNR- care because of months of research, hours of work, and the potential to see it go away because Harmonix catches them and the more sensitive bands stop or don't put content on DLC. The Chinese Democracy Moggs were among the first batch done, but they certainly weren't the last, and there's many more that could come.

Only when GNR fandom got connected to this did it get ridiculous.

Just because someone has something you don't doesn't mean they owe you anything or owe fans, or makes someone 'hoarder' because they have something that you don't. Sorry, but to me, "do not distribute" until the all clear of Rock Band III didn't seem like too much to ask. And that's what I did.

So cut the hoarder shit because that's what it is. The files weren't "mine" to give away.

And if they're "turds", they're turds, but to others they're very fascinating --- and to me, it's not just Chinese Democracy, but dozens and dozens of other artists and songs that I've heard multitracks of.

I NEVER said these nerds owe me anything. I have stated several times that I don't really care about these files. I haven't downloaded one of these, and while I may download that TIL that axlin08 just posted, wont be bothering with the rest.

Sorry, but to me, "do not distribute" until the all clear of Rock Band III didn't seem like too much to ask. And that's what I did.

That mentality is one to have. A few people had MIA's Shells months before its release but wasn't mentioned in the open because she was likely to release it on the re-release. That's NOT what these clowns did. They went parading around these forums waving fools gold in peoples faces. You got your just desserts.

I'll "cut the hoarder shit" when you people stop parading around with this crap acting like you have something of value.

Keep the shit to yourself= no one mentioning it or knowing you have it.

Gagarin

Gagarin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Right on the money about what?
Lame postings about dog turds and then, basically describing what I described - pretending to say something new? Pretending to be informed?

I'm "offended" at being called a hoarder and being grouped into this rabble at MyGNR, and perhaps most of all, annoyed at the entitlement mentality, well actually ---- mostly annoyed that the flow of moggs has stopped because some people didn't follow the rules.

And the stupidest thing, James, if you're running a fetish website and then pointing out how stupid it is for others to engage in that fetish. Yes, GNR, MLA, whatever - they're fetish properties, like comic books. In the grandscheme, these moggs are just as worthless as any other GNR song, unreleased, released, or whatever. It's annoying how the main thing you contribute to these discussions are how "worthless" these files are. Well, whatever. I just know I enjoy them, I'd like to get more, this 'now now now' mentality has prevented that.

Gagarin

Gagarin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'll "cut the hoarder shit" when you people stop parading around with this crap acting like you have something of value.

Keep the shit to yourself= no one mentioning it or knowing you have it.

Where did I parade around and trump up the value, exactly?

I didn't get these from anyone talking about trading, and they don't speak for me.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone, just making my own statement...

Harmonix is not even paying attention to any of this. Harmonix is too busy making THIER money to give two flying rat shits about Guns N' Roses, Judas Priest, Pearl Jam, or any other artist that puts full albums up on DLC for the Rock Band franchise.

Anyone that knows ANYTHING about Rock Band, knows that it's not Guitar Hero, and once that individual release has passed, suddenly the all clear is ready to go. Rock Band has only had two releases, while Guitar Hero has had 3-4 at least, and that's not counting dated platforms like PS2 and handheld stuff like PSP.

Anything on the RB DLC network will always be in play for market value, because RB hasn't oversaturated their market, but expanded their DLC catalog, unlike GH.

BUT, with that said, there is such a vast wealth of material from multiple artists on the RB DLC that GN'R truely are a dot on the radar. Not many bands put out full albums, but several have.

I just don't see the interest in some Pearl Jam fan sitting and tweaking Ten to death. I don't see a Queen fan remixing One Vision. I don't see a Coop fan sitting and remixes a live cut of Billion Dollar Babies, etc.

The ONLY reason, that Chinese Democracy ever had any value of the slightest degree to the die-est of die hards in the GN'R internet community, was so a couple fans could sit back and tweak one of their favorite album cuts, like I did TIL earlier today, just for fucking around sake.

It kills no value of the album. Creates no problem for Harmonix. And GN'R can't care, because why do they care about Mogg's, which 96% of people who come across them can't figure out how to open, and when they do, don't have even the most basic of mixing skills, which eliminates the other 3.88888% of downloaders. PLUS, CD has been streaming, in full, for the last two years almost.

99% of what most hoarders, even the real ones, supposedly have, HAVE NO VALUE. No one cares. The only reason Chinese Democracy leaks got played on the radio, was because of the myth surrounding the album, and how much it was overhyped by people. The myth is gone. The album is dead. GN'R is dead, at least on that level, and the hoarders, even if they do have anything, are sitting on material which is unmovable. Their big ace was the Mogg's? Really? That's it?

I'm a diehard, and even I could care less about Checkmate at this point. Who cares? The myth of Chinese Democracy is dead. Even the hardcore followers are like "new album, if it happens it happens"

What i'm saying in a nutshell is, the only reason any of this happen was because of Chinese Democracy solely. Not because of Guns N' Roses. And even then, there was no interest.

Like my main man Jerry Cantrell said... "all dreams have died along the way"

imsorry wrote:

What a bunch of crap,cmon .
And why it could affect RB3 release them didnt cracked the moggs those files was recorded by p_people and maybe x_theory
There are only 2 real mogg SR and Prostitute if u got an extension mogg in those new relleases its fan create the original release is 7 tracks ogg's...

James

James wrote:
Gagarin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Right on the money about what?
Lame postings about dog turds and then, basically describing what I described - pretending to say something new? Pretending to be informed?

I don't have to "pretend to be informed". It's an incredibly basic concept.

The turd analogy isn't lame because it fits this situation to a tee.

I'm "offended" at being called a hoarder and being grouped into this rabble at MyGNR,

I haven't read any of that mygnr crap and have no plans to. I'm just making a general comment on the subject.

annoyed at the entitlement mentality

So you're entitled to it, but no one outside the club is.

Boo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mostly annoyed that the flow of moggs has stopped because some people didn't follow the rules.

The "flow of moggs" has stopped because a few hundred forum junkies play around with them for five minutes? Cry me a river....

And the stupidest thing, James, if you're running a fetish website and then pointing out how stupid it is for others to engage in that fetish.

If you're on a fetish site and bragging about hoarding something of that fetish that has no value and shouldn't be hoarded, yes it is stupid.

In the grandscheme, these moggs are just as worthless as any other GNR song, unreleased, released, or whatever.

Not quite. While an unreleased GNR song has very little value, they're worth a bit more than these Rock Band junk bonds.

It's annoying how the main thing you contribute to these discussions are how "worthless" these files are.

I sleep better at night doing that than someone who has them, bragging about it, and placing value on them.

I just know I enjoy them, I'd like to get more, this 'now now now' mentality has prevented that.

The grandstanding prevented that, not a couple hundred GNR forum junkies listening to them.

Besides, YOU are the one with the "now now now" mentality. You admitted you spent time acquiring these and had them for months. If you had a "later later later" mentality, you still wouldn't have them.

Oh I forgot.... only the sooper sekrit club gets to have a now now now mentality. Everyone else has to wait.

Gagarin

Gagarin wrote:

Their big ace was the Mogg's? Really? That's it?

I guess?

My thought was these were a temporary novelity that MIGHT have moved something. Maybe. But it wasn't going to be done on MyGNR, and it wasn't going to happen once a few people made the novelty a ticking time bomb (which happened like, the day they were posted).

Harmonix is not even paying attention to any of this. Harmonix is too busy making THIER money to give two flying rat shits about Guns N' Roses, Judas Priest, Pearl Jam, or any other artist that puts full albums up on DLC for the Rock Band franchise.

Most articles I've read in the press about the music games (RB / Band Hero, GH...) notes that it took a lot of work to convince the bands/labels that the copy protection was sound enough to allow their masters to be used. A few bands embace this - even selling stems for remixes to fans - but many old school acts approach these as something to be locked up and hidden. The Beatles, for instance, wouldn't have allowed TBRB if the copy protection was weak (and it wasn't weak).

Harmonix was and has been on the trail of the people who first extracted and documented how to get the moggs out and decrypted. One was a pretty prominant console hacker who has since... stepped away.

What a bunch of crap,cmon .
And why it could affect RB3 release them didnt cracked the moggs those files was recorded by p_people and maybe x_theory
There are only 2 real mogg SR and Prostitute if u got an extension mogg in those new relleases its fan create the original release is 7 tracks ogg's...

Well, sort of. They did a little bit more than hook up an RCA cable and hit "record", though.

The thinking is the underlying program would change signifigantly by Rock Band III (which includes a keyboard), making the method obsolete, or it wouldn't change (because Harmonix didn't know to make changes), making the method forward compatible - ensuring more music, and some Holy Grails like Pink Floyd.

Board footer