You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Tommy Stinson

-D- wrote:

WOW, this guy is an amazing bass player... too damn bad u can't hear any of his work on CD due to the mixing.

Certain technology has allowed me to listen to the work he did on the album and as i said, i am totally blown away with his contributions. too damn bad no one has ever heard them.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Less Talks more moggs. Its the Equivalent of Reviewing your favourite Caviar on a
feed ethiopa forum

-D-

-D- wrote:

There Was A Time on Bass is fucking incredible.

I figured out the problem i have with CD outside of the production.

what made original GNR so special was how their sounds complemented and blended. Like Slash and Izzy's guitar tones were like chocolate and peanut butter. just perfect complement. Duff's bass and Steven's drums like ice cream and chocolate syrup 

all of it mixed together was a mouth watering 5 star meal.

with the new band.. just seems their sounds don't blend very well... Finck's guitar with Bucket just doesn't sound right, bass doesn't really groove with the drums and u have so much synth stuff it kinda buries any kind of organic groove that may have been there.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-

-D- wrote:

absolutely Russ.. i have been jamming to TWAT. Ive turned off a lot of the synth stuff and have turned up the bass and it is a much better sounding song to my ears.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

T, like Bucket is one of the bright spots of the new era. Great bass player. Even more shocking that such a talented guy, got his Guns inspiration from Duff, yet I think Tommy had kind of made his mark before the world knew Duff "King of All Finances" McKagen.

I kind of disdained the mogg's, but like Better, there's some songs that are more rock n' roll, more balls with all that synth shit taken out of it. If it weren't for the industrial guitars, Better almost songs like a vintage Guns song with that additional shit out of it. Riad is another one that kicks ton tons of ass, as an instrumental without Axl.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
-D- wrote:

absolutely Russ.. i have been jamming to TWAT. Ive turned off a lot of the synth stuff and have turned up the bass and it is a much better sounding song to my ears.

This is a big complaint of mine about CD.  There are a couple songs that completely suck (Shackler's for example), but may of the songs don't sound that bad, they are just way too cluttered.  I think I would have liked a stripped down CD much more than the one we got.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I just don't have the time, computer or space needed to mess around with these. I'd love an instrumental CD, though.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer