You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Women...

monkeychow wrote:

^ I hear that brother.

Don't take that as an insult BLS, cos I'm sure you are right really. But I also understand how russtcb might be feeling. Not sure how long he's been single, but I know it gets a bit headfucky when everyone says "just stop wanting it and it will come" - it might be true, but it's hard when you are denying basic human emotions/physological responces etc for an extended period of time to really get into that Zen place you need to be. Or at least that's how I felt when I was single for large periods of time back in my 20s.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think you have to have an natural tendency for regular socializing in order to fully enjoy the single life.

Others are a bit too introverted to go that route, so they stick with the "let's settle down" thing.

Both are good. To each their own, and whatever works best in your life.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I think you have to have an natural tendency for regular socializing in order to fully enjoy the single life.

Others are a bit too introverted to go that route, so they stick with the "let's settle down" thing.

You are absolutely correct.

I never was the socializing guy. If you're single and keeps meeting new, and talking to plenty of people, I can see why being single can be fun. I was never like that. I'm constantly out of phase with my peers, and just didn't like it when I tried to talk to anyone. They were uninteresting, dumb or prolly thought I was weird. This isn't the place with an endless amount of people either. What am I gonna speak to the generic girl or others about? My dedication of historic aviation, GNR past 1999 or anything else I like, while they keeps asking me if I saw the last episode of Big Brother? Give me a break. I gave that up.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
DCK wrote:

I never was the socializing guy. If you're single and keeps meeting new, and talking to plenty of people, I can see why being single can be fun. I was never like that. I'm constantly out of phase with my peers, and just didn't like it when I tried to talk to anyone. They were uninteresting, dumb or prolly thought I was weird. This isn't the place with an endless amount of people either. What am I gonna speak to the generic girl or others about? My dedication of historic aviation, GNR past 1999 or anything else I like, while they keeps asking me if I saw the last episode of Big Brother? Give me a break. I gave that up.

You pretty much sum up the reason why it's so hard for me to meet anyone.  I go through phases of being single for periods of time.  During that time, I meet girls, go on dates, and then don't talk to them again.  Most girls for me don't make it past the first date.  I can be very talkative and very fun, but when we have nothing in common and their biggest concern is reality television or uninteresting celebrities, I don't have anything to say.  I found a girl now who I get along with who is interesting and fun, but who knows.  We've already dated and broke up once.

Now this is a true story:

I went on a date over a year ago with some asian girl I thought was cute.  I take her out bowling, and to a nice dinner.  During dinner, she decides to tell me that the earth is only 6000 years old, dinosaurs are made up by scientists to convert people to Atheism.... what the fuck do I say to that?  I got up and walked out.  I had NOTHING to say to that.

DCK

DCK wrote:

I went on a date over a year ago with some asian girl I thought was cute.  I take her out bowling, and to a nice dinner.  During dinner, she decides to tell me that the earth is only 6000 years old, dinosaurs are made up by scientists to convert people to Atheism.... what the fuck do I say to that?  I got up and walked out.  I had NOTHING to say to that.

14:laugh::headbang::headbang:

Fuck, that is BAD! For all the girls faults here, I don't think anyone of them would proceed to give me that one!

You can't say anything. With chicks like that, just avoid.

My cousin is dating a muslim girl. That is, she was one when her family moved here when she was a kid. She lives this sort of secret life from her father, as he agreed that murdering family members if he looses honour or some mindless crap is ok. Must be pretty damn hard. Just came to mind after reading that clueless girls ideas of the world.

Well man, I doubt you'll be running into more than one of those during a decade of dating.

My wife made a good comment though, about my friends dating habits. She said his fault was that he was dating GIRLS, not WOMEN. There's more to that short sentence than at first glance.

I got my wife from another country. If I hadn't met her, I would still be single. I have nothing to offer the girls around here, and they have nothing to offer me. I've tried. Several. There's just nothing.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

You pretty much just described... me. Although I do have a bit more to talk about than new Guns, and believe me, i've got some pretty strong opinions on the world (nothing nutty like dinosaurs are fake, I assure you), I was always a bit too serious to fit in with a casual dating scene. I like REAL conversations. People are scared to talk religion, politics, that kind of shit. I say fuck that. Let's get to the meat and potatoes of what makes a person.

Why in the fuck would I waste my time talking about "who gives a fuck" celebrities, Facebook bullshit, or the new supercool cell phone. I could give a fuck. I want to know the REAL you. Good or bad. I don't want to know your "representative". Who jives there way through a conversation, saying whatever in order to make me like you.

It just doesn't work for me. So alot of girls just assumed I was socially strange, ignorant, or didn't have social skills. Wrong. I understand, much more than they give me credit for. I just have NO INTEREST in talking to THOSE girls, and you know the ones i'm talking about.

I like girls/women to have strength of character. I've yet to meet one.

DCK wrote:

My wife made a good comment though, about my friends dating habits. She said his fault was that he was dating GIRLS, not WOMEN. There's more to that short sentence than at first glance.

Tad cliche, but damn true. My best frend actually gave up on girls his age because of that reason right there. He's 24 right now, dating a 50 year old woman. Why is he dating someone old enough to be his mother? Because she's a woman. She gets it. She gets how he thinks, and knows what he wants. He told me that he just got sick and fucking tired of brainless "girls".

But I agree with your friend's wife totally.

Like the Ratt song says, "I want a woman, not some little girl, who had to grow up in daddy's little world"

DCK

DCK wrote:

People are scared to talk religion, politics, that kind of shit. I say fuck that

Yeah, what the fuck? I ALWAYS wanted REAL conversations. Just like you. I just listed a few subjects to get the point across. I dig philosophical stuff, politics, and I like to discuss religion as well, if the other ain't a complete brainswashed sucker. One girl I came across, simply kept telling me stories of what happened when she was drunk or went to this party and something happened. In the end, I just answered "so, what did that teach you?". She didn't last very long.

It just doesn't work for me. So alot of girls just assumed I was socially strange, ignorant, or didn't have social skills. Wrong. I understand, much more than they give me credit for. I just have NO INTEREST in talking to THOSE girls, and you know the ones i'm talking about.

Ha, you just listed up myself basically. When conversations went the wrong way, into the world of celebs or other mindless crap, I just didn't bother and went quiet. There's also an amazing amount of those people/girls around, as people are flock animals, and follows the others into these interests or subjects.

He's 24 right now, dating a 50 year old woman. Why is he dating someone old enough to be his mother? Because she's a woman. She gets it. She gets how he thinks, and knows what he wants. He told me that he just got sick and fucking tired of brainless "girls".

A bit extreme, but I know what he's talking about. I've had better conversations with 50 year olds at work, than I've had as a 25 year old speaking to girls at 20. They invited me for a party once, I said yes with no hesitation. Bunch of women between 35 and 60 years old. It was one of the better little get togheters I've been to.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

Ha, you just listed up myself basically. When conversations went the wrong way, into the world of celebs or other mindless crap, I just didn't bother and went quiet. There's also an amazing amount of those people/girls around, as people are flock animals, and follows the others into these interests or subjects.

Agreed 1,000,000% I don't like ANYTHING that is a "scene". Probably the reason I stay away from Facebook. It's nothing personal, it's just in my life when my instincts call something a "scene", I stay away from it. For me it was the football (American) stuff. I'm a guy. I don't need a girl faking her through a conversation telling me about how much she loves football, and yet can't remember a touchdown from a home run. Just be you. Stop trying to think you have to fake liking sports for me to like you. All it makes me think is you're dishonest.

I'm not stupid. I know she's just trying to create conversation, but it just causes me to check out. I'm sorry, I really am.

And the same goes for anything else. Just because Fox News or Entertainment Tonight SAYS it's "news", don't make it news or watercooler talk.

A girl who has something to say, even if she's mad at me, is not gonna sit there pussyfootin' around the issue. THOSE are the girls I like.

DCK wrote:

A bit extreme, but I know what he's talking about. I've had better conversations with 50 year olds at work, than I've had as a 25 year old speaking to girls at 20. They invited me for a party once, I said yes with no hesitation. Bunch of women between 35 and 60 years old. It was one of the better little get togheters I've been to

Yeah it's extreme, I wouldn't go there, but i've been in his position, even right now. The girls in their 20's i'm attracted to physically, but nothing more. I've carried on hours of conversations with women 40+, who were incredibly likeable.

It's a tough decision. I guess you find a young girl who has an old soul. When I find her, i'll let you know... 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think the 6000 year old thing is pretty common among some fundementalist religious types. You could have engaged her in debate on it, like does she think carbon dating methods are also in-accurate, all fossel records are false and so on, but then realisticly people with deep beliefs like that are unlikely to accept people with a different point of view, so you probably wouldn't have been suited eventually anyway.

I'm not sure about this distinction people are making about "girls" and "women". At about 31 I started dating a 20 yo for a year. I actually found her youthful ways quite envigorating, like young people have a refreshing view of the world - that anything is possible with their whole lives ahead of them - and it can be quite a positive influnece for those of us who are a bit older - and really challange us to get back on the horse and make changes in life etc. Or so I found it. Then again, she also left me abruptly because she eventually realised I wasn't what she wanted in life. So i guess that's a risk. But then more recently I dated a girl my age, and that has it's own set of pressures, when your girlfriend is 33 and wants to have a kid soon, she only really has a short time to assess you as worthy or not to be the dad. Even if you're open to having a family in the future like I am, you don't have the luxuary to date for a few years and make sure you are suited. Plus - with older people - you're often dealing of years of baggage and issues - you have to litterally demonstrate to some women that you are not their ex-boyfriends - cos they've got like 16 years of heartbreak going on under the surface!

I dunno it's a funny business this dating thing. But we'll get there smile

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

You know what, there's a wealth of material out there to help with this sort of stuff, so if anybody's really interested drop me an IM

Board footer