You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

DCK wrote:

Ron is just a class act. I know I don't have to sell anyone here on that but just wanted to say it. Dude always handles things the way artists who appreciate their fans should.

So, who did he direct it to?

The venue or Axl?

People here will say Axl, but he wouldn't criticize the boss in public. He's talking about the venue not giving the audience any information about the delayed rigging of their stage. And I agree with him fully.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
DCK wrote:

Ron is just a class act. I know I don't have to sell anyone here on that but just wanted to say it. Dude always handles things the way artists who appreciate their fans should.

So, who did he direct it to?

The venue or Axl?

People here will say Axl, but he wouldn't criticize the boss in public. He's talking about the venue not giving the audience any information about the delayed rigging of their stage. And I agree with him fully.

I'd say that was as close as anybody has gotten to criticizing their boss in public for some time now.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

OK I'm off the hook...whew!

DCK

DCK wrote:

It stirs up stuff here because if that happened to Gene Simmons, he or anyone else in his band would've corrected/clarified it ASAP.

It's not corrected because no-one can't retrieve shit from that account, or the account has been changed around too much. I'm not going into Twitter to check, but getting access to an account usually means you can also change the source e-mail you used when you signed up, so when you change your password, you can also change where the new password goes to when you ask for it.

That's one possibility.

The other is that they have no "web-dude" to take care of these issues. They might be of the impression that Axl himself have to log in and change things around, and my guess is that the guy is not very computer-wise. Fuck, I had one singer mailing me emo messages about his new album being out for torrent downloads. I took one look and found out it was simple ads popping up with the album title that had him fooled. It doesn't take much, really. I've said it before, and I will be happy to say it again. Don't over-estimate these guys abilities.

Without a password, you can't do anything, and they don't have the password.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

To they're credit they did try and inform fans asap about the cancelled gig due to storm damage in South America and try to make up it. Musnt forget the gestures they have made recently I know, problem is the context of the last 10 years...

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK

DCK wrote:

Axl's Twitter account is not the problem! As I listed before, there are a TON of other ways they could've communicated to the fans.

Listen, I've said this from the start of my GNR online venture in 1999. If this band goes down the drain it's due to lack of communication. I was pretty fucking right then, and I'm pretty fucking right now. They are masters in communication fuck-ups. It's when the conspiracy theorists comes into the picture I bow out, because it just gets too stupid.

They mailed MyGNR quickly, and they have now alerted all venues and the newspaper articles have all been out stating what went on, including Billboard.

The Sun actually had a better view on things than some of you. It speaks volumes. The Sun, you know, that tabloid paper?

You can always argue the case they handled it poorly, but how did you expect them to handle it? Good? Where did you ever see them handle something good from one specific source (like their domain). Never. I'm not arguing with you that they could have handled it better. I'm arguing with you guys when you totally go overboard with theories that holds no ground. Instead of actually concluding with the easiest answer, you keep going with redicilous ideas buildt on only on a foundation of air. And it totally fucking gets to me when some of you chaps here have the nerve to actually say I am some kind of Axl nutswinger because I'm not joining The Mulder family in another UFO-hunt.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well said DCK....if ron was pissed off last night then rock throwing at the stage would definately do it

i think his latest comment is just that he has learned a valuable lesson...i seriously doubt he wants to piss anyone off he wants to put on a good show and he wants the peopel there to havea good time...so next time i would bet that if the crowds starts getting restless that we will see someone step up to the vacant mic and say somethign to the crowd

Board footer