You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Epiphany

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious the wheels are coming off. Now one could say, "they were never really on", but I think this is it for new Guns.

The only thing that would change that outlook is a new album, and I think that's less likely then a full-fledged reunion, which is virtually impossible.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think this is it for new Guns.

whatever, people have been saying this since RIR III...the nay-sayers are always quick to cry wolf

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I think this is it for new Guns.

I think this is it for using the phrase "this is it".

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

anyone taking odds that Axl won't finish this second Euro tour?

I'm still not 100% certain Axl will show up to the UK for the first festivals.

Who knows what's really going on?  We never do. Obviously, the tweet that shook the foundation of the GNR community has got even the most optimistic of fans looking over their shoulders.

The funny thing is, I watched a bunch of videos from Sturgis and thought the band and Axl sounded great.  The crowd reception was pretty good as well.  Take away that tweet and I wouldn't give a second thought to this possibly being the beginning of the end.  But now, I just don't know what to think or expect.

Based on DJ's tweets, all seems to be just fine.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

been away for a while

is all of this "this is it" stemming from the tweet or did something new happen?

to me gnr IS the axl rose solo project. the world has known for a while slash isnt going to be there and yet they have still managed to book tours around the world and that is for 2 reasons: axl rose is a great performer and can still sing better than most and the classic songs will always be ingrained in rock culture.

we can argue about if and why they will never be huge again and we can continue to beat the dead horse of a reunion until we're blue in the face and we grow calluses on our fingers but axl rose has made it clear that he has no interst in that and until other countries around the world give up on gnr I think what we have seen the past 10 years is about what we will continue to get. will there be decline without a reunion or new fresh material? ofcourse but, expectations with the past in mind aside, gnr is still profiting from touring.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

At the end of the day, he does what he wants, not what you want.  You either pays to sees it or moves on..  some incarnation of 'Gnr' will always exist as long as axl needs to top up his bank account..

AtariLegend wrote:

Whatever it's the same people having the same mudane arguments over and over again on this forum.

That UK festival they're playing is one of the biggest festivals in the world that gets broadcast on mainstream TV here.. by the BBC live.

If they put in a good performance, it's better promo for the album here than.. well even if they actually had made a push here first time around.

Headline Act = At least Half the Setlist Broadcast either live or on delay that night.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Assuming they play anything from the new cd...or just play the same old shit night in night out

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

So I am gathering, Axl is tight with DJ and so far, Ron and Tommy were completely in the dark on what went down.  DJ was in the know because his tweets were part of the cover up and since DJ loves to tweet and seems easier to control maybe cause he is the new guy, Axl chose him. This is my theory, and I know I could be wrong.  Tommy and Ron have their own minds and seems like are not scared to speak up (any more).

Board footer