You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Chinese Renaissance

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

If someone doesn't consider Dream Theater progressive, then it doesn't exist. Ridiculous argument.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I like Rhiad. I still want someone to paste in Bucket's solo to the CD version.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I just think Riad is FAR stronger as an instrumental.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I find any comparison of CD to the old albums to be premature.

For instance 23 years later i still love Appetite, 19 years later i still love UYI's

2 years later , im already sick of most of CD

so its one of those where CD is FRESH so people are going to have a stronger liking to it today cause u haven't wore it out for 2 decades.

Appetite and UYI's still hit me as hard and get my adrenaline pumping same as when i first heard it.

With CD.. i have to be in very special moods and i skip most of it after only 2 years.

so wait ten years, then compare. thats really the only fair way to do it.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

I find any comparison of CD to the old albums to be premature.

For instance 23 years later i still love Appetite, 19 years later i still love UYI's

2 years later , im already sick of most of CD

so its one of those where CD is FRESH so people are going to have a stronger liking to it today cause u haven't wore it out for 2 decades.

Appetite and UYI's still hit me as hard and get my adrenaline pumping same as when i first heard it.

With CD.. i have to be in very special moods and i skip most of it after only 2 years.

so wait ten years, then compare. thats really the only fair way to do it.

Agreed 100% For me some of the comments in this thread are down right absurd. To each their own and yeah everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some of those are opinions are absolutely fucked. 14 ok so I'm not gonna be the politically correct, diplomatic one. The comparisons of CD to the old albums are ridiculous. Talk to me 10 years from now. No way in hell CD holds up the way the old material does. Like you -D- I'm pretty much sick of 95% of the CD album.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
russtcb wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I like Rhiad. I still want someone to paste in Bucket's solo to the CD version.

I was just thinking about that the other day. I've listened to the album version for so long that I honestly forgot how the bucket solo goes. But I really need to give it a spin again, I remember liking it a great deal.

The thing I like about it is, there are elements of the intro and outro in the solo. It all tied together. Now, with Ron, it does not.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer