You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Re: Eric Clapton Discussion

Axl4Life wrote:

Just bought tickets to see him today, as part of his 2011 tour.

Thoughts? Anyone here fans?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I think you just bought tickets to see an old black bluesman.  smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:
smoke wrote:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? 16

I must admit, I'm only a casual fan, but it isn't until next year, so I thought why not. Although I must say, I'm not a big fan of his new album. hmm

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm not, nor have I ever been a fan but I see why people like him. I've heard he puts on a fantastic show tho.

I don't get the "Clapton is God" people either. No... Brian May is "God" or Hendrix or Page. But to each their own.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:
smoke wrote:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? 16

I must admit, I'm only a casual fan, but it isn't until next year, so I thought why not. Although I must say, I'm not a big fan of his new album. hmm

Depends what you like.  I've never been a huge Clapton fan, except for his early guitar-god stuff. I was just riffing on the fact that his tastes seem to progressively downplay his guitar-god roots in favor of blues.

I've heard he puts on a mean show though, and I hope you have a great time. Plus, the dude's a legend no matter what he's playing, so it's cool to get a chance to see him.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Grads on the ticket score!~   I would go given the chance. Have never seen him live. Have watched alot of his live shows on you tube and tv.  the guy is a legend and has a lifetime of hits.  Lookin forward to your review and pictures!  Honestly i didnt know he was still a touring act.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I saw him live in the late 90's when he was touring with a 20-some piece orchestra. 

It was a good show, but it was more a show from Eric Clapton the 90's pop-singer than Eric Clapton the guitar god.  I'd love to see him now that he's regressed to a lot more blues. 

That said, my tickets were free, and I'd never have paid what they cost.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer