You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: from mister saint laurent

johndivney wrote:
madagas wrote:

completely uninterested in hearing any of this......however, I hope to hell he can get an unreleased Chinese track out of it.

i am interested to hear it, as i'm interested in any of the crazy goings-on in the GnR saga/clusterfuck. but what does upset me is the obscene amount of money seemingly changing hands over what amounts to little more than crap - an embarrassing footnote of the larger embarrassing clusterfuck, yet people have no shame in valuing this crap to the sum of thousands of dollars (supposedly).

i'll always be interested in axl's vision of the band (or for that matter, any ex or current member) but the way 'fans' or traders conduct this bizness is a shocking waste of resources. ideally i'd like GnR/Axl/Geffen/Universal whoever to release the tapes just to thwart the idiots who are claiming they're spending such ridiculous amounts of money of the tracks - & aside from the money, the whole pettiness & self importance of these clowns leaves a bad taste in the mouth. it's not as if these people could spend their time arguing & negoiating over something important, it's a way for them to waste their time & fritter away their money over nonsense. & then they come out of the woodwork to try n manipulate & distract the real fans.

Precious time...
 Rep: 2 

I agree, I'm way more interested in unheard Chines Democracy songs.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with Russ. I would love to hear AFD '99. Remember Patience & You Could Be Mine re-records were supposed to have replaced You're Crazy & Anything Goes. I'd like to hear it, and i'd also like to hear unheard CD trx.

But like always, don't call me until it leaks.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

I tip my hat to MSL again, and I don't have any problem stroking his ego if it gets me some new unreleased GNR. I'm sure that MSL's master plan is to get this information out there to try to get some of the underground hoarders to come out of hiding and share some of the real good stuff, like The General or Checkmate. I honestly believe that if we don't get any more leaks, we'll never get Chinese Democracy pt2.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Yeah I know msl has been credible in the past but if there's no reason to discuss this before/unless it leaks.

madagas wrote:

completely uninterested in hearing any of this......however, I hope to hell he can get an unreleased Chinese track out of it.

What they said.....

johndivney wrote:

what does upset me is the obscene amount of money seemingly changing hands over what amounts to little more than crap - an embarrassing footnote of the larger embarrassing clusterfuck, yet people have no shame in valuing this crap to the sum of thousands of dollars (supposedly).

It's worthless. Only a few nerds are pathetic enough to place such a value on it.

I agree that it's embarrassing.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Now that I agree with. It is pretty embarrassing. There's so many better things to spend your money on. If you pay that kind of money for this stuff, you're pathetic.

But as a fan I would still like to hear it. But i'm not gonna do anything crazy for it, nor am I going out of my way for it. It's just not that important.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I thought the rerecorded section of Sweet Child on the Big Daddy soundtrack was awful, so count me in the who cares club.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

"Who cares?"

You and James and the others wouldn't download it? Of course you're not gonna spend thousands, but please, you're more of a nerd than anyone if you're claiming you have "no interest." Maybe it isn't the first choice of leaks, but to pretend you wouldn't even listen or have the slightest curiosity is a lie.

That being said, I REALLY don't understand why MSL would announce that he has them. Why would you

1)Tell the world that you have them
2)Tell everyone you're going to use them in a trade, which is why they haven't been leaked
3)Expect someone to jeopardize their relationships and possible attention from the FBI for something they know you're going to disseminate anyway.

Smells fishy to me. I think a good idea would have been to have someone work Madison right after Axl tore her a new asshole over on mygnr. I doubt we ever hear the lost tracks of Chinese Democracy before the next album.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

"Who cares?"

You and James and the others wouldn't download it? Of course you're not gonna spend thousands, but please, you're more of a nerd than anyone if you're claiming you have "no interest." Maybe it isn't the first choice of leaks, but to pretend you wouldn't even listen or have the slightest curiosity is a lie.

That being said, I REALLY don't understand why MSL would announce that he has them. Why would you

1)Tell the world that you have them
2)Tell everyone you're going to use them in a trade, which is why they haven't been leaked
3)Expect someone to jeopardize their relationships and possible attention from the FBI for something they know you're going to disseminate anyway.

Smells fishy to me. I think a good idea would have been to have someone work Madison right after Axl tore her a new asshole over on mygnr. I doubt we ever hear the lost tracks of Chinese Democracy before the next album.

MSL is a clever guy. He knows what he's doing. I don't think for one minute that he just decided to do this...I bet it's taken alot of planning/thought.

Some hoarder out there has everything - I just hope he/she wakes up one morning and just thinks 'fuck it'.

Board footer