You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: from mister saint laurent

Precious time... wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^
In my opinion Robin was never able to play many of slash's solo's correctly.

For a while I thought he was choosing to alter them, which may have been the case some of the time, but there's places where it really seemed he just didn't have the chops.  Or maybe it's because his natural style is too different. In any event, he's a great player who plays some cool stuff on CD and in NIN - but he could not do the AFD songs justice to my ears.

Also, for reasons i'm not sure of Axl sang without the rasp for the bulk of that period....and the rasp is also rather critical to the traditional AFD sound.

Struggling may be a harsh word for it, but there's no question to me that the 87 band and the 2010 band are both superior to 1999.

I agree; Robin is not particularity suitable to the more Blues type stuff

Yes he is.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yikes ... not that solo spot again 18

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

ahem. MSL said there were clips leaked, has anyone even attempted to look for them besides me?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not sure enough people care to find them.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Heard it and already deleted it. Sounded like a Live Era clip to me.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Heard it and already deleted it. Sounded like a Live Era clip to me.

where did you find it?

James

James wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

"Who cares?"

You and James and the others wouldn't download it? Of course you're not gonna spend thousands, but please, you're more of a nerd than anyone if you're claiming you have "no interest." Maybe it isn't the first choice of leaks, but to pretend you wouldn't even listen or have the slightest curiosity is a lie.

I would listen for shits and giggles and then toss it in my recycle bin. I don't care enough to let something that's probably gonna sound like shit have a permanent spot on my pc.

MIA recently leaked a couple tracks where she's slamming diplo. Thought it sucked and deleted it. Didn't even give it a chance to grow on me because turds cant be polished.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

"Who cares?"

You and James and the others wouldn't download it? Of course you're not gonna spend thousands, but please, you're more of a nerd than anyone if you're claiming you have "no interest." Maybe it isn't the first choice of leaks, but to pretend you wouldn't even listen or have the slightest curiosity is a lie.

I would listen for shits and giggles and then toss it in my recycle bin. I don't care enough to let something that's probably gonna sound like shit have a permanent spot on my pc.

MIA recently leaked a couple tracks where she's slamming diplo. Thought it sucked and deleted it. Didn't even give it a chance to grow on me because turds cant be polished.

Not caring and not keeping it on your computer are two different things. Justin Bieber releases a new song. I don't care.

Jerry Only from the Misfits releases a pile of dogshit that he wants to put sticker skulls on and sell at Hot Topic, I care, but I don't necessarily like. I'd listen, and I wouldn't claim not to care.

But really, I think we all get the point. I just think saying you "don't care" is somewhat hyperbolic.

James

James wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

But really, I think we all get the point. I just think saying you "don't care" is somewhat hyperbolic.

It isn't hyperbole. I'm the only admin on any GNR site(big or small) that barely even looks in the GNR sections anymore. I haven't watched a youtube clip of this band since their Asia tour.

edit: I did watch that clip of the fiasco at one of the Euro shows.

When I say I don't care, I mean that I don't care. I talk about Soundgarden here more than any other band and when I do venture into this section, has more to do with just shooting the shit with you guys than it does my mouth watering for the next setlist or waiting for a rerecorded AFD.

I don't give two shits about Kesha but did download that album to see if there might be a song or two on it. You can not care about something but still spend two minutes downloading it on a torrent.

Justin Bieber releases a new song. I don't care.

Using the logic you're using with me, you do care about Bieber. Hell, I didn't even know he released a new song. Thanks for the info. 16

If I want to listen to Live Era, I'll listen to Dust N Bones instead of waiting for this so called rerecorded AFD.

When it comes to the 21st century era of GNR, only thing I care about is new music.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

F if I know if he released something, I was using it as an example. Downloading Kesha, however...

That being said, James, I think you're a kickass admin, and if I'm coming off as dickish, I apologize.

Board footer