You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: DJ Ashba does to the TIL solo what Bucket did to Nightrain

Axlin16 wrote:

Bono, I love you man, but you're full of it. Now you can rank it that way, but Bucket is a DISTANT 3rd?!?!?!?!

Yeah right, try again. bucket

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Bono, you're full of it. Now you can rank it that way, but Bucket is a DISTANT 3rd.

Yeah right, try again.

DISTANT haha! I never thought twice about his solo honestly. When I first heard Ron play it I thought "Holy Shit that is wicked!" And when Slash plays it it's just pure fucking rock n' roll. BH is a distant third on this one in my opinion I'm affraid. tongue

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Bono wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

for reference: nightrain solo - Bumblefoot, Buckethead and Slash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrZs4AFYMZk

1. Ron
2. Slash
3(and a distant 3rd it is). Buckethead

You're seriously loosing it...seriously.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

See out of jamester062001's comparision video I really prefer slash's. It's the one with the strongest sense of melody yet still a little shred. The others are great for shredding out some impro - and god knows I love a little shred like that - i'm not knocking them - but slash's is the one that adds meaning and depth to the song - while the others are just a party fest.

AnitaW17
 Rep: 1 

AnitaW17 wrote:

Dj is a really great guitarist...with a really good stage presence. Just looks he is meant to be in Guns N' Roses. Bumblefoot is also technically a fantastic guitarist. Live...they all awesome. Though having said that was fantastic to see Duff back playing with GN'R at the o2 London.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

ON a side note bumble + fans = a good fuckin time
not amazing guitar here  but listen to the crowd. 22
karma for Ron....

tange
 Rep: 0 

tange wrote:

They (Ron) tried that on the 06 tour but it didn't work out too well.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

That mashup is terrible. Best Buckethead version available is from Boston and wtf is the washed up Slash version from 2010 about?

The nightrain solo is all about the pitch around the 0.50 mark in the  Buckethead video. Slash was more consistent at that, but what BH does in that video is really special. Like Madagascar from Rio it's really hard to nail a great solo. That's the problem with Bumblefoot, he never nails it. He just kinda plays it, very very fast.

Board footer