You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Re: Steven Tyler - Love Lives

Axl4Life wrote:

Steven Tyler's new solo single has leaked online.

He wrote 'Love Lives,' which serves as a theme song for the Japanese sci-fi movie Space Battleship Yamato (2010 film). The song was based on the English translated script, as well as on some clips of the film itself. The single is to be released on November 24, a week before the movie is released.

[youtube]Og9EGtRJlNI&feature=related[/youtube]

Pretty good song. What do you guys think?

As much as I'd love to hear a full Steven Tyler solo album, I'd much rather hear a new Aerosmith one. I think their 'Cocked, Locked & Ready to Rock' tour proved that the band (when they weren't bickering between one another) is still relevant in 2010 and has much more mileage left when they focus.

With this solo release and Tyler on American Idol these days one has to wonder over the future of the band though. hmm

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Song is okay, similar to recent Aerosmith ballads. 

As for the bands future.  This was posted over at HTGTH yesterday.  Of course, it's just one man's hopes and ideas.

Aerosmith Hoping to Record 'Old-School' New Album in 2011

Nov 4th 2010

"I would like to see a record within a year from the Aerosmith boys," he adds with more sincerity." My brothers and I are destined to make another record in the next year or so

"It's going to be an old-school Aerosmith record," Kramer continues. "We're going to do it the old way with the whole band [in the same room] and it should be a good one. We're all anticipating."

http://www.spinner.com/2010/11/04/aeros … lbum-2011/

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I like it. But then again I always like Aerosmith's ballads.

I also really like the idea of going back and doing an old school, 70's-style Aerosmith record.

Both rock 9

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

The first listen didnt grab me. It may be that I miss Joe's guitar dancing with his vocals.
Hes an awesome vocalist in my book.
Im on again off again fan for everything after Pump.

Thanks for posting! I had not heard of his solo thing.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Great ballad. Always dug Aerosmith. In fact the first rock band I liked when I got back into this type of music when I was 14. Steven Tyler is a great fucking song writer and singer.

jamester

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter
STEVEN TYLER Says 'American Idol' Experience Has Exceeded His Expectations - Nov. 12, 2010
During a recent interview with FOX40's Bethany Crouch (see video below), AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler was asked if the experience of being a judge on "American Idol" so far has been everything that he expected prior to taking on the gig. "No. It's actually more," he replied. "I thought that most people have to go to clubs and be on tour for 40 years, but it's a different world now and there's not even clubs for kids to play in. I mean, there are — there's ways to grow up like that. But I've been very surprised with... And look, some ['Idol' hopefuls] are 14 and feel entitled and can't sing at all. And some are 14 and blew me away. I could not believe what I heard. And keep in mind, you're looking at a guy that never watched the show; I was on tour. They pulled me off tour to do the show. I've, serious, been on tour for 40 years, so I didn't watch this. Either that or I was off doing some other wild things, you know what I'm saying?!"

Tyler's move to "Idol" stunned his bandmates in AEROSMITH, who nearly split with the singer last year but regrouped for a tour this past summer. Tyler says he can juggle both.

AEROSMITH drummer Joey Kramer said in a new interview he expects to see a new album from the band "within a year," adding, "My brothers and I are destined to make another record in the next year or so." He said that the album will be "an old-school AEROSMITH record. We're going to do it the old way with the whole band (in the same room) and it should be a good one. We're all anticipating." Kramer said that the band will begin recording over the winter and work around frontman Tyler's schedule on "Idol".

there is a video interview on blabs site :

jamester

jamester wrote:

AEROSMITH Guitarist BRAD WHITFORD Talks 'Experience Hendrix' Tour In New Video Interview - Nov. 20, 2010
AEROSMITH guitarist Brad Whitford recently spoke to BackstageAxxess.com about his participation in Experience Hendrix, the concert tour that has wowed audiences revisiting the music and inspiration of Jimi Hendrix with an all-star lineup of music greats. You can now watch the chat below.

"[Jimi's] had such a profound effect ... and still does to this day," Whitford told The Macomb Daily. "It's something we'll be talking about until we're six feet under. The body of work that he did in such a short period ... I think it's astounding that he was able to do that and leave this incredible, lasting impression. It's hard to grasp it all."

Whitford said that he became a diehard Hendrix devotee after hearing the first JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE album, "Are You Experienced?", and seeing the trio perform at the Boston Gardens. "It just really changed the way I thought about music and about guitar and about even what kind of guitar I was gonna play and what kind of amplifiers I was gonna use," he recalled. "It opened up a new way of thinking about music. It was like a door opened when he came along and created this new avenue that I just somehow had to be part of."

Sleepy but revealing Brad video interview @
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … nt=Twitter

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not that this has anything to do with the song, but I was at the Patriots/Colts game today and they showed Steven Tyler sitting with Patriots owner Bob Kraft.  He got a huge ovation from the crowd, me included.

Board footer