You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Patience ripped off from Tesla?

faldor wrote:

I was just watching LAST weeks episode of That Metal Show on VH1 Classic and they had a preview for THIS weeks show, which airs tomorrow night.  They teased in the preview that Jeff Keith and Frank Hannon had a beef with Guns N' Roses.  Saying they had a demo for a song titled, "Better Off Without You" and back then they were label mates with GNR, and "Patience" sounds quite similar to their demo.  Of course there's no evidence of the song to compare that I can find, so it's a tough sell.  Here's an article on the subject.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/150336

Did GUNS N' ROSES Rip Off TESLA? Jeff Keith And Frank Hannon To Guest On That Metal Show This Saturday; Preview Available
Rock Hard
Posted on Thursday, November 11, 2010 at 14:21:00 EST

TESLA frontman Jeff Keith and guitarist Frank Hannon are scheduled to appear on the Saturday, November 13th episode of VH1 Classic's That Metal Show, hosted by Eddie Trunk, Jim Florentine and Don Jamieson. That Metal Show airs Saturdays at 11 PM ET/PT.

A sneak peek of the new episode can be seen below.

Frank Hannon explaining to everyone that the GUNS N' ROSES song 'Patience' was a rip off of a Tesla demo called 'Better Off Without You':

Frank Hannon: “Let me tell you something: 'Patience', we were label mates with Guns N' Roses on Geffen, there’s a demo of a song that we wrote called 'Better Off Without You'. It is 'Patience' note for note.”

Audience: “WOOOOAHHH.”

Eddie Trunk: “Sue their asses”

Don Jamieson: “Breaking news on That Metal Show."

Jim Florentine: “And I got something else, he whistled on the song dude. You don’t whistle on a song, you sing a song.”

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Breaking news.... nobody gives a fuck.

Should've said something 22 years ago. Tesla must be really scraping the bottom of the barrel now for press. Next, Taime Downe's gonna come on and say Axl stole his stage dancing.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Fuck Eddie  Trunk and those goofy bastards. I really can't stand Eddie Trunk. Axl's interview on there was the g reatest interview ever but Eddie is a retarded douche.

Tesla.. yeah sure.

Axl's whistling alone murders Tesla's entire catalog.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Should've said something 22 years ago.

Exactly what I was thinking. Why bring it up 22 years after the fact...?

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Guess I will have to look for this show. Eddie says sue them?  axl and slash have give his shows plenty of buzz shame on him  if he did'nt say prove it.

I looked around for the demo on youtube and google.  Im with you guys its a little late. could be just similar, could be total bull$hit

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I highly doubt guys in GNR would need to steal a track from anywhere, could be either unconcious influence in that they heard it somewhere and it stuck in the head without them realising it, or, maybe they just naturally came up with a similar idea.

I'd be interested to hear the song they are refrencing though just for comparision, as it's interesting what some people hear as similar and others don't.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

Guess I will have to look for this show. Eddie says sue them?  axl and slash have give his shows plenty of buzz shame on him  if he did'nt say prove it.

I looked around for the demo on youtube and google.  Im with you guys its a little late. could be just similar, could be total bull$hit

Eddie's comment was made in jest, I'm sure.  The show is co-hosted with 2 comedians, so Eddie often tries to throw in some jokes and be funny himself.  So I'm sure that was his attempt at humor, and not a serious comment.  Also it's possible the guys in Tesla could be joking around about this too, and That Metal Show is just using it as a teaser for tonights episode.  I'll try and catch the show tonight to see what the deal is.  It's on VH1 Classic at 11pm ETD.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Fuck Eddie  Trunk and those goofy bastards. I really can't stand Eddie Trunk. Axl's interview on there was the g reatest interview ever but Eddie is a retarded douche.

Tesla.. yeah sure.

Axl's whistling alone murders Tesla's entire catalog.

Yeah, I used to like Eddie, but after awhile I realized he was a retarded douche like you said. He gets irritating after awhile.

Plus his tastes are downright eccentric. He basically ONLY acknowledges "Dio Sabbath" as Black Sabbath, nothing earlier, and also felt Appetite was an "okay" album.

He explains it away with that he's more of a metal fan than a hard rock fan, but he's gonna be a dumb ass with some of the comments he makes.

Destroyer is the best hard rock album ever, but Appetite is "okay". roll

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

It pisses me off cause he was licking Axl's balls and ever since axl did him that huge favor, he seems to do nothing but take shots at him. Also, if it wasn't for Baz, that interview would've sucked on Eddie's in.

Board footer