You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Epic journey of disaster

Bono wrote:

I went to Portland in December 2005 to see U2. The day I arrived it was nice out but in the late afternoon it started to snow. I swear they had maybe 1 inch of snow. 1 measly little inch at the most and the city came to a grinding halt. Restaraunts closed(actual signs on the doors that read "closed due to weather"), city transit shot down, the place was a ghost town. It was actually quite pathetic the way the people who we did see were acting. Like the world was about to end. It was still warm out too as my buddy and I were walking around in nothing more than jeans and a hoodie. We went to the Trailblazers game that night and because of the weather nobody showed up and we sat courtside at an NBA game.  I was actually really embarassed for the city of Portland 14

Also I drive all winter long and have never had winter tires but that's because I know how to drive tongue

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The weather we are experiencing comes from a Negative NAO, which basically blows wind in different directions which again is connected to El Nina or whatever they call it (no..not El Nino). It's highly strange the Negative NAO has been...well..negative for so long. A Positive NAO blows wind from the east, making Britain quite nice, and also Norway decent in temperatures. Now that winds blows to Greenland which are warmer than Barcelona or something, and we get that Russian wind coming in.

I've never experienced so much high pressures here, ever. The weather has been crispy clear for almost a month now.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Hey Stepvhen, bet you can't do this in your country!
1291736599524_41.jpg

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

Also I drive all winter long and have never had winter tires but that's because I know how to drive tongue

haha, nice....yeah its pathetic up here, everyone starts freaking out when it starts to snow and people get winter tires on and shit....like it has never snowed in ontario before wtf....every winter its the same shit but last few years i swear that the media trys to make it bigger than it really is....there is talk of snow days already hmm i can count on one hand how many snow days i had as a kid

DCK

DCK wrote:

65862_489683431906_694316906_5878798_1629361_n.jpg

GNR band members and crew now stuck at Heathrow due to snow.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I bet Axl ain't.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if us Scandis are the only people on this earth who has realized that if snow fell last year, it probably will this year as well. And then, you know, prepare for it. It's not a hurricane! 16

DCK

DCK wrote:

Del James, Dizzy and Tommy are stuck for sure. Axl is prolly sleeping tight in his bed after Beta gave him his evening tea.

DCK

DCK wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if us Scandis are the only people on this earth who has realized that if snow fell last year, it probably will this year as well. And then, you know, prepare for it. It's not a hurricane! 16

Oh..don't say such things loud..Stepvhen might see it. 13

Board footer