You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

Re: Rolling Stone's Best Singles of 2010

dr_love6977 wrote:
faldor wrote:

I haven't seen him live but I heard he puts on a GREAT show, he's good to his fans and likes to keep ticket prices low to his shows.  He doesn't seem all that evil to me.

Now I will second this. I saw Kid Rock live in 98 or 99 and during some song he went around and played every instrument, but really shined on the turntables.

Besides that show, I've inadvertently seen him live about 5 or 6 shows. He has this tendency to show up at every concert in Detroit.

In high school I worked at Little Caeser's, and he came into my store once. He was really cool. I'm not saying anything about his character, but I just can't stand his music.

For the record, Joe C. was a dick.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

Besides that show, I've inadvertently seen him live about 5 or 6 shows. He has this tendency to show up at every concert in Detroit.

Out of curiousity, do you think that is a big part of why you dislike him as much as you seem to.

I know a guy who lives in Rockford, Il and hates Cheap Trick because, as he puts it, he can't go see a show without Rick Neilson or Rob Zander coming out and fucking up the show for 15 minutes.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
faldor wrote:

I haven't seen him live but I heard he puts on a GREAT show, he's good to his fans and likes to keep ticket prices low to his shows.  He doesn't seem all that evil to me.

Now I will second this. I saw Kid Rock live in 98 or 99 and during some song he went around and played every instrument, but really shined on the turntables.

In high school I worked at Little Caeser's, and he came into my store once. He was really cool. I'm not saying anything about his character, but I just can't stand his music.

For the record, Joe C. was a dick.

Well he's dead and you're not. So fuck 'em. 13

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Out of curiousity, do you think that is a big part of why you dislike him as much as you seem to.

No, my previous post summed it up pretty well lol.

Axlin08 wrote:

Well he's dead and you're not. So fuck 'em. 13

Hahaha, you fucking win!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I don't love Kid Rock but he's fucking talented and does make some good songs. Who gives a  shit if he genre jumps. If it's good it's good. I'm honestly not sure who I've  been chatting with on this forum the last few years.  To say his performance at the AMA's was garbage is a joke. His performance was great and music fans woudl recognize this rather than bring their weird bias against Kid Rock into it.

Fuck You the best song on the list? Fuck You guys and fuck you too 14

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I honestly think Fuck You is far and away the best tune on the list.

And if one more person shoves Nicki Minaj in my face, there's gonna be violence.

One of the best pop songs in years. Brings me back to the pre 2000s when the huge hits still had some soul. Only gripe I have with it is its title. The song is strong enough by itself without the need for cheap gimmicks.

That being said, cheap can still be good cause this is about the only thing "music related" I remember from this year.

Bono

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

So wait. Hold on a sec here. If I truly dislike Kid Rock and his shitty performance at the AMA's then I must have some "weird bias" or not be a "true music fan"?

I sincerely hope that's some sort of joke.

First of all, the song itself (Times Like These) is shit. That song has been written 100 times before and far better. Second, the "touching, sit down" performance has also been done 100 times before and far better.

I'd also like to mention that I've heard the same thing; that he puts on a great live show. Which is great for Kid Rock fans, but since I don't like his music, I wouldn't bother paying to see him perform it.

I've been fortunate enough to have escaped Kid Rock coming out and interrupting other acts that I've paid to see such has happened to dr_love and a lot of other people I know.

It's not a joke dude. I believe you legitimately don't like Kid Rock but I also believe you have a bias cause to say that performance was shit is laughable.  Some of you have made it clear that no matter what kind of song or how good a song Kid Rock releaes you won't gve it the time of day. The idea that his performance here is garbage based off the fact it's been done a hundred times is bullshit. EVERYTHING has been done a  hundred times. What's he supposed to do, fly in from the ceiling while wearing suit of flames and sing through the asshole of a donkey? Nothing is original anymore yet for some reason you're holding Kid Rock to this unnattainable standard to be so? His vocal performance in that was really good and he put to shame every other artist who performed that night many of them who have songs on this list.  Had Axl done a sit down acoustic performance in that stylewould you honestly say it was shit cause "it's been done before"? No you wouldn't. Would you say it was shit cause his cheesy love song lyrics have been done a hundred times before? No you wouldn't. You'd likely say what an amazing performance cause just Axl and a guitar would be cool regardless of how many hundreds of times it's been done before. Dude you're penalizing the guy for doing an acoustic performance 16  I don't like certain artists but I can admit when a performance is good and to say that performance was garbage is laughable.

That's my opinion as a less than casual Kid Rock fan.

Bono

Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

That being said, cheap can still be good cause this is about the only thing "music related" I remember from this year.

This is probably worth at least 5 karma points but I'll give ya one for now 14

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

That Katy Perry "gif" was my avatar at one point on another site 16.  I can't figure out how to make it work over here.  They tell me it's too big.  She is tasty looking.

I agree with Bono on the Kid Rock front.  I can understand how people don't like him, but for the most part it seems like their thoughts on him are predetermined.  Not accusing russ or dr. love of that, but many of my friends seem that way.  I also view his "genre jumping" as a positive for me.  I like diversity.  Some of my favorite songs are ones that span the spectrum, like "Rocket Queen" or "Bohemian Rhapsody".  Hell, I even loved "Don't Drop That Dime" by VR because it was so different.

Whatever though.  I'm sure there are plenty of artists I hate that I really don't give a fair chance.  That's just the way it is.  Oasis is one of those bands, for example.

Board footer