You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

AtariLegend wrote:

****Warning since there's no spoiler tag shortcut this contains minor spoilers*

The Hobbit - I liked it, but I'm sort the fan that loved extended versions of LOTR trilogy. I think it might try a casual's patience.

The cameos from the original cast, aren't really cameos, they're extended scenes(s). Feel's like Lord Of The Rings Zero more than hobbit. There's a lot references to Sauron, a lot suggesting that Gandalf and rest should have more important things to do than help the 13 dwarfs. The meeting between Saurman/Gandalf, where Saurman talks for 10 minutes and Gandalf is talking to Galadriel inside their heads instead is kind thing that never would made it had this only been 1 or 2 films. Same thing with extended false death scene at end.

I'm fine with it, but it seems like alot fan service for sake of extending it to 3 films.

I seen it in 48 FPS 3D, there's certainly scenes where it makes the film more immersive, but alot scenes look BBC stage plays or being in theater. I'd like to see it in 48 FPS again only without the 3D.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Dredd - Underrated action flick. Probably the best of the genre I've seen this year.

Cloud Atlas - Another masterpiece from the Wachowski's. Don't be deterred by the Hanks/Berry billing.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

polluxlm wrote:

Dredd - Underrated action flick. Probably the best of the genre I've seen this year.

Cloud Atlas - Another masterpiece from the Wachowski's. Don't be deterred by the Hanks/Berry billing.

I've heard great things about Cloud Atlas. Hanks can do no wrong in his roles. Hoping to check it out when it comes out on Bluray. The only missteps for the Wachowski's have been the last Matrix film and Speed Racer so far.  I absolutely loved Dredd. Truly a fun film for action junkies with great production. Glad it got the praise it deserved. Seeing the Hobbit with my dad tonight. Was hoping to get a group of good friends together; but it's not going to happen right now.

Me_Wise_Magic

Forgot to mention my reaction to the Hobbit a few days ago. I really enjoyed the film and I thought it was well produced with the changes added to stretch the film into two others in the next few years. Sir Ian McKellen is still the fucking man in this series. Martin Freeman was extremely likable in his role as Bilbo. Glad to see Gollum back. I had no issues with the film's pace whatsoever; but I could see some flaws in the film. I can see where some people are getting at with their issues with the film's final cut. Nothing major that took the experience away from me. Thought was the special effects and CGI were a huge leap forward in movie tech. I'm hoping this leads to a stronger second film and things only get bigger & better from here. You've done great yet again Mr. Jackson!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I thought hobitt deviated from the book to much and they changed some important scenes from the book that imo should've stayed the same as written, also additions were unnecessary...but obviously they are looking to maximize the cashflow here ... Unfortunately, if they wanted to include the Brown wizard and the necromancer they ciulve just made a movie for the similacrium as well instead of combining with the hobbit

Also I'm kinda biased cuz hobbit is one of my alltime fave books

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Also saw a movie with Russell Crowe called "the next 3 days" was good

Me_Wise_Magic

Neemo wrote:

I thought hobitt deviated from the book to much and they changed some important scenes from the book that imo should've stayed the same as written, also additions were unnecessary...but obviously they are looking to maximize the cashflow here ... Unfortunately, if they wanted to include the Brown wizard and the necromancer they ciulve just made a movie for the similacrium as well instead of combining with the hobbit

Also I'm kinda biased cuz hobbit is one of my alltime fave books

Yeah I can understand that. It is a great book! It's been a good number of years since I've read it all the way through.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Avengers Assemble and Dark Knight Rises - both were okay. I'll need to watch DKR again when the missus isn't about as she kept asking questions all the way through it 16

johndivney wrote:

aye saw the hobbit to. honestly it wasn't as bad as i thought it was gonna be.

the first hour was terrible tho. the whole cleaning the dishes singing CRAP i was thinkin jesus FUCKING christ please someone fucking set fire to the screen this is the worst fucking thing ive ever had to pay for.
& i mean a lot of you are sheltered from the british actors in these films but we're exposed to them a lot & none more so over here than jimmy fucking nesbit. jesus christ i wanna cut that guys head off some times & then i have to endure a big screen close up of his stupid grinning face, fuck!

but it got a bit better after that.
in fairness, nothing really happens & nobody dies at the end & you'd have thought it'd be impossible to make any enjoyment out of a film like that but i guess they did ok.

i think the problem is the dwarves aren't very likable. nor is bilbo for that matter.
& i mean, i begrudgingly liked the LotR but even in it i found most of the characters more annoying than likable (grimli & orlando bloom especially pissed me off) & wasn't even going to go to this except i was begged to. but it was ok. i don't really wanna spend another 6/7quid next christmas & then the following yr but i guess i prob will if i'm dragged along again.
i'll maybe just read the book.
but i prob won't cause i never read any other tolkien & dont't really want to. it's not really my kind thing. there's not enough blood & gore & tits in his stuff.

AtariLegend wrote:

I kept thinking that about Nesbit too, "he's in an actually big fucking movie?". He's not exactly fucking Liam Nesson. It's amusing how he doesn't even hide his accent.

Did anyone else that watched it go see it in 46FPS? It's extremely distracting throughout the first act. Looks like the most expensive BBC 1 program ever made.

Board footer