You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

BLS-Pride wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I completely agree. I was massively let down by X-Files: I Want To Believe. A throwaway, pussy story by Carter to arrogantly try to make a stand-alone story movie, of which Carter was always an overrated writer. He claimed Fox didn't want a "mythology" story which is a complete and utter lie, because Fox begged him for years to do an X-Files 2 that was a direct-sequel to the original X-Files film, as well as the series finale TV movie, X-Files: The Truth. They battled for years, because Carter didn't want to do it, but had some ownership thingy over the series where Fox couldn't go forward with anything that wasn't approved by Carter under the X-Files name.

Then when X-Files 2 tanked, and was panned by fans & critics, suddenly Carter tried to save face by saying "his plan all along was to have X-Files 3 be made in 2012, and pick up with the events from 'The Truth' 10 years later". Whatever.

Carter buried his own franchise with his own ego.

The only way X-Files: I Want To Believe works, is if you retcon it, pretend there's no mention of their exile from the FBI, and pretend I Want To Believe is just a feature-length "lost episode" from the show's 9th Season, pre-series finale... because considering the quality of the film... it comes across as a late Season 9 piece of turd from the series.

I just started watching X Files. I only watch the mythology arch episodes. Not the monster of the weeks. I am in the middle of season four. Love the cancer man. 16

I liked the first movie. The second sucked. David Duchovny wants to do a third one. He wants to finish that story arch. He was just on Leno saying he wants to do and so does Gillian.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I heard that. Everyone wants it, and pretty much thought that should've been the second film, basically a direct-follow up to the mythology end/open-end that the series finale TV movie "The Truth" was.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

There's a TV movie? Or was just part of the last season?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It was apart of Season 9, the final season.

The final episode was just double-length, and aired as a Fox Sunday Movie of the Week event. So on the DVD's, it plays like a TV movie, whereas in syndication it was split into a 2-part episode.

Once you get to the end is when you'll want to watch it, or it'll give too much away. "The Truth" is FAR BETTER than "I Want To Believe" as a film.

AtariLegend wrote:

Watched Matrix Reloaded for first time in years. I don't care about plot holes or the silliness, but that film even when I seen it 10 years ago had some most awesome fight scenes ever.

Burly Brawl/Chateau > Greater than almost anything ever made when in Cinema.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Saw Evil Dead this past Saturday with my bro. It was actually really good and well made. Even for a remake. Of course fans of the originals probably will have problems with the film. It's not perfect; but it's a ton of fun to watch with friends and offers the goods for the most part. It's a solid horror flick if you don't compare it with the previous works and one of the better horror flicks I've seen this year. For new fans, it's something fresh. Cast is solid. They cut scenes in the final cut that are shown in the trailer; but that's my only spoiler. Also don't leave during the credits too. That's all I'm going to say about this movie on this post.

Also I saw Cabin in the Woods a couple weeks ago on one of my off days from work. It was solid. Just thought they could do more with some of the story elements and the ending was meh. Loved the concept and the execution. Great cast! Need to catch up a bunch of films I missed out these past couple of months. Hoping to get around to it soon.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Just seen Olympus Has Fallen, pretty solid action flick! Think modern day version of the original Die Hard set in the white house.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Watched Matrix Reloaded for first time in years. I don't care about plot holes or the silliness, but that film even when I seen it 10 years ago had some most awesome fight scenes ever.

Burly Brawl/Chateau > Greater than almost anything ever made when in Cinema.

Yeah, people can say what they want about the Wachowskis, they're still the best action directors in the world.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Saw Oblivion, I liked it.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Just got back from Iron Man 3. It was pretty awesome. A vast improvement over the second one. Don't know how the Thor and Captain America sequels are going to top this.  Can't wait for Star Trek 2 and Man of Steel.

Board footer