You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

I went to see The Conjuring with a few friends a couple hours ago. Woww..what a great well made and ol' fashioned horror movie. Great elements to build tension, scares, and effects. Go see it. It's set in the 70s and pays tribute to the legends while bringing in fresh & new spins on the genre.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Just watched Men In Black III. Damn good.

Me_Wise_Magic

Saw Kick Ass 2 and finally got around to watching Django Unchained since a friend had it downloaded from his cable box. Djano was really awesome. Such a well made film with lots of violence and good acting. DiCaprio and Waltz performances were some of the best with Foxx and Jackson not too far behind. As for Kick Ass, it was alright. Didn't care all that much for the first one either.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

We're the Millers. Hilarious!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The show and the film are two completely different things, and in that sense it's obviously a bad "sequel". But I like how a traditional cops and robbers film is played out like an arthouse flick. For a 150 million budget the movie is one of a kind. And Gong Li is hot, come on!

I loved the Miami Vice movie. Really great stylish flick. Killer soundtrack too.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Trance (2013) Another disappointing Danny Boyle film.  I've gotten to the point where I'm wondering why the hell I even bother with this guy anymore. An interesting  topic (or genre, heist in this case)  drew me in.  The first half is at least interesting but the last third of this film just fell apart.  Also, I thought Rosario Dawson was miscast in this film.  5/10

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

The show and the film are two completely different things, and in that sense it's obviously a bad "sequel". But I like how a traditional cops and robbers film is played out like an arthouse flick. For a 150 million budget the movie is one of a kind. And Gong Li is hot, come on!

I loved the Miami Vice movie. Really great stylish flick. Killer soundtrack too.

I've said on here from the beginning.... Vice 2006 was awesome. A true representation of what the series would be in the modern day.

It's crazy to think how old it is now. The damn thing is SEVEN years old. That's crazy.

Me_Wise_Magic

This past weekend I went out to see THE WORLD'S END and it was fantastic. Hilarious, lots of action, and very heartfelt in various parts of the movie. Won't spoil anything. The trailers don't do it enough justice and you don't need to watch the other 2 Cornetto films to enjoy it. smile It's a good time at the movies.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Star Wars rewatch for the 50th time (probably).

TPM - Closest to the OT visually since digital effects were still in infancy. Decent opening, Qui Gon and Watto are great new characters, the podrace (though lifted entirely from Flåklypa Grand Prix) is also very well done. The final lightsaber match is a classic. Jar Jar and Anakin are terrible. 6/10

AOTC - I like Christensen, but he's not given much to work with, and getting to know yet a new actor does take away from what should have been fun ride. The speeder chase is alright. Obi Wan and Fett creates for some great scenes. Final duel with Dooku is kinda good, but far from perfect. Giving Yoda a lightsaber was a mistake. This should have been Anakin's shining moment. Love scenes with Padme should have been written by someone else. The fight at the droid factory is a total waste of time. The arena fight is pretty good, but on the whole this film needs a lot of tweaking. 6/10

ROTS - I prefer the first half of this movie. Opening space battle is fantastic and the rescue of Palpatine is action adventure at its best. Then it goes downhill fast. It is as if Lucas never planned it all the way through cause the way he left it in Clones he's got way too much story to tell in the 2 hours he's got left. Anakin's fall to the dark side is abrupt, over the top and unrealistic. Supposedly the dark force simply intoxicates you so that you will want to kill babies in a few hours. I don't believe that and in either case the film does a bad job portraying it. The final lighsaber battle should have been the best, it ends up being the worst. Did Lucas forget DIALOGUE is what makes these duels interesting? Instead they just do a thousand fancy moves with a myriad of digital backdrops. Obi Wans final words are great, but the prelude might be the disappointment of the century. And why oh why did they have give the Emperor a lightsaber also? He's supposed to above that. As it stands you're left wondering why Yoda simply didn't tell Luke in the OT that the Emperor could shoot lightning out of his hands, and to stop it you simply block with your lightsaber. He might not have thrown it away then...Some good lines between the Emperor and Yoda though. 5/10

ANH - One of the best climaxes in history. The classic that begun it all. Still it's only my third favorite. You can feel the lack of budget, on a whole the next 2 movies feel a lot more fleshed out. Nevertheless a great movie. 9/10.

ESB - Best sequel of all time. The only flawless Star Wars movie. The story, the characters, the action, the score, everything is top notch. "I am your father" will never be topped. 10/10

ROTJ - Ewooks and a carbon plot ruins it. Still, the final confrontation basically makes up for everything. Every scene with Luke, Vader and the Emperor is a classic. The subtle tell signs Vader is having doubts, the taunting, the arrogance. It just builds and builds, pays and pays until you're left with everything you could hope for. 9/10.

Me_Wise_Magic

Attack of the Clones is my least favorite of the films. I even went back to the film and the others to ask myself why.

Board footer