You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

johndivney wrote:

Everybody wants some!!

Really enjoyed it. Laugh a lot. A lot of it was so perfectly on point. I'd had so many of the conversations throughout the film that I was able to see the punchline of the jokes coming a mile off, but rather than being boring & predictable it was charming & hilarious. Which is most linklater films actually. Defo p much a sequel to dazed & confused in spirit.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The new Star Wars. Did not live up to hype for me but it was still good. I give it a solid B

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Batman Returns.

Gets better every time I see it. The definitive superhero movie for me. Fun, dark, pure fantasy. A cartoon that actually feels like a cartoon, who would have thought!

Remember watching this as a kid and I missed all the sexual innuendos, and damn is this movie full of them. Every kid watched this and I think it's more dirty than most R rated features today. In a 100 million movie nonetheless. A true gem.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Saw X-Men: Apocalypse earlier today. It was pretty good; but needed a re-write in certain scenes. It feels rushed at times. Also I saw a few movies on Netflix the night before. One of them Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil which was highly entertaining and the other being Hush which is a low budget home invasion type horror flick. I think it was released a couple months back and only saw one review prior to checking it out with a friend of mine. It was really enjoyable and well shot.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Saw Captain AmerIca: Civil War on saturday afternoon...felt that the middle dragged.

I dunno...I think I'm over the superhero crazy tbh

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Saw Captain AmerIca: Civil War on saturday afternoon...felt that the middle dragged.

Must be tongue.

Isn't the set-piece in the middle of it?

I enjoyed it for what it is, but I've never expected Nolans Dark Knight films while watching the MCU films. Only so many times you can see invincible super heroes hitting each other, repeatedly without any of real sense of threat... before the novelty wears off.

That said, I enjoyed Civil War more than The Avenger films.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

13 Hours

Great movie...  Fuck, the US never showed up.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Agreed. I felt that way when I watched Avengers 2.

I went to the theater for BvS, out of loyalty to Batman and that franchise, but beyond that... i'm over this superhero thing. I'll probably see Suicide Squad, but Marvel can fuck off.

johndivney wrote:

Green Room.

Top stuff. Really good fun. Sad that anton yelchin guy is dead irl he was good in this & probably the only good thing about those Star Trek films. Fun film, plenty of funny gore & wasn't too long.

AtariLegend wrote:

Flicked the channel to Channel 4 HD. I haven't seen Avatar since it was in the cinema, but it does not look good in 2D.

Board footer