You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah I agree. I never saw Days of Thunder but I do want to. I never liked his over the top action movies, more about the cheesy screenplays & he's always 'the best'  (Cocktail, Top Gun, Days Of Thunder etc).

Top Guns totally cheesy, but if you know that going in its a fun watch. Definitely a mid-80s movie. Yeah, he's probably trying to get about 3 more MI films done. He's gotta be 55 I'd guess, thats getting up there.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Cruise is incredible really.  This is his fifth decade where he's still near the top of the Hollywood food chain.  A lot of his contemporaries have just flamed out (Depp) or just gotten really old (Arnold).  Not a lot of people can say that in the history of the business.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Cruise is incredible really.  This is his fifth decade where he's still near the top of the Hollywood food chain.  A lot of his contemporaries have just flamed out (Depp) or just gotten really old (Arnold).  Not a lot of people can say that in the history of the business.

No doubt. His list of movies is incredible. Personally tho I prefer Pitt & DiCaprio, as well as their body of work (Fight Club, Wolf, Django, Oceans 11 etc) but you're right he's been around like 10-15 years longer than them and has like monster hits while those guys sorta had gap years or a 3-5 year lull.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

No doubt. His list of movies is incredible. Personally tho I prefer Pitt & DiCaprio, as well as their body of work (Fight Club, Wolf, Django, Oceans 11 etc) but you're right he's been around like 10-15 years longer than them and has like monster hits while those guys sorta had gap years or a 3-5 year lull.

Did u watch once upon a time in hollwood yet?

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Did u watch once upon a time in hollwood yet?

Oh yeah, loved it.  Saw it in the theaters but wanna watch it again. Was thinking about Blue Ray but wondering if those streaming lockers also have 4k for down the line. Probably kindof a moot point but I do wanna re-watch. Loved it.  Movies like that tho Cruise doesn't really do. Although he did do Magnolia which I liked. Directed by the guy who did Boogie Nights, the movies a little bit out there. Not sure if it holds up over time but most of his films do.. Born On The 4th Of July I wanna give another chance to.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Born on the 4th of July is amazing. Cruise was robbed of an Oscar.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Cruise turned down Brad Pitts role in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Tarantino wrote the character specifically for him. Now that was an all time screw up. It was over scheduling, but it Tarantino offers you a role, you put everything else on hold and do it.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Cruise turned down Brad Pitts role in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Tarantino wrote the character specifically for him. Now that was an all time screw up. It was over scheduling, but it Tarantino offers you a role, you put everything else on hold and do it.

Wow, didn't know that.  I gotta say, I think Pitt fit the part. Older, washed up, working class dude, kinda going nowhere in his life. I felt he nailed it good. Like a drifter.  Reminded me of one of his first roles in Thelma & Louise.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I actually think he'd have been perfect in Dicaprio's role.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I actually think he'd have been perfect in Dicaprio's role.

That I can see, yeah. Leo was great, but Tom Cruise would've nailed it as well.

Board footer