You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Let me know if you feel that way after episode 4

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Anyone seen Prince of the City (1980)? Any good? Not a big fan of Treat Williams but I do like Sidney Lumet.

Solid late 70s type-early type cop/crime drama.  I watched it for Jerry Orbach but I thought Treat was pretty good and may have been the best actor in the movie.  It's a little long but it's a solid film.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I saw it was pretty long. Is there any action? I know this was supposed to be a kind of continuation of Serpico. That final shootout was great.

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, I saw it was pretty long. Is there any action? I know this was supposed to be a kind of continuation of Serpico. That final shootout was great.

There is some action.  I remember a fair amount of surveillence scenes.  I wouldn't consider it action heavy.

A Tale of Two Sisters (2003 or 4).  Finally got to watch this.  It's an intense psycholgical thriller that only the Koreans can make.  There's a twist here in the plot but it doesn't really ruin anything for me.  Pretty sure Lofton has seen and commented on this film before.

misterID

misterID wrote:

A Tale of Two Sisters and Old Boy are my favorite South Korean films. The American remakes were awful.

Still prefer The Ring over Ringu.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Nightmare Alley was very good and had an amazing cast.  I really enjoyed Peacemaker.  James Gunn is an awesome writer and director.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Lost Boys vs Fright Night. Who yah got? I can't decide, they're both fantastic, but I think Fright Night is really underrated in comparison.

Funny story, my brother and I loved Lost Boys. Not long after, they were making Parenthood where I lived, and my brother was working at a grocery store when he saw Dianne Wiest (lost boys mom) walking down an aisle. He walked up to her and asked if she was the mom in Lost Boys and she smiled and said yeah. They started talking and she ended up asking him out on a date. He got really intimidated, he was like 19, and he turned her down. He regrets it to this day.

Dude, I would have totally hit that. 14

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Lost Boys vs Fright Night. Who yah got? I can't decide, they're both fantastic, but I think Fright Night is really underrated in comparison.

Funny story, my brother and I loved Lost Boys. Not long after, they were making Parenthood where I lived, and my brother was working at a grocery store when he saw Dianne Wiest (lost boys mom) walking down an aisle. He walked up to her and asked if she was the mom in Lost Boys and she smiled and said yeah. They started talking and she ended up asking him out on a date. He got really intimidated, he was like 19, and he turned her down. He regrets it to this day.

Dude, I would have totally hit that. 14

Wait, wait.  This was like in the late 80s when Dianne Wiest was still sort of hot?  And SHE asked your brother out and he turned her down?  Holy shit.  This is a great story.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yep! He was like, I didn't know what to do!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Reminds me of that story I read about 20 years ago about that college guy who got asked out by Sharon Stone. He got nervous, froze, and she left.

I can see why this happens. Celebrities are larger than life... verging on cartoon characters, especially back in the day before social media.

It would be like entering a Twilight Zone episode.

Board footer