You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

misterID wrote:

Prey. It was good, not great, and nowhere near as good as the original or even Predator 2. Bad dialogue, introducing Predator too early, the Europeans were absurd, her bouncing off trees like Mario, and Native Warriors acting like emo teens.

Bob’s Burgers the movie was better.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yea I was looking forward to prey but was disappointed

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Resurrection.  1999 Christopher Lambert film.  It's HEAVILY infleunced by Se7en.  But it works because of the mood (this thing has a ton of darkly lit, in the rain scenes type) and the characters are interesting, most of the plot and Lambert films are a guilty pleasure of mine to watch.
Nice shots of Chicago though.

The Maid .  2020 Thai horror film.  The first half is stronger with the supernatural stuff.  It loses momentum in the second half and becomes a normal thriller.  There's a bloody finish.  I think it's probably a solid film.  Bonus points for being beautifully filmed.

All American Murder.  90s film w/Christopher Walken.  I thought it was going tto be a cheeseball 80s teen comedy.  But it straddles the line between teen film and murder/mystery.  Walken is hilarious in this and so is the main character.  A lot of one liners here in the script and that is the best part of the film.  Part of me wonders if the script were written for a different darker film whether or not it would be great.  Still I enjoyed watching this and laughing a lot.  oh, this has nothing to do with the film but payphones are used a fair amount in this film and those coin operated phones are obsolete now.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Gracie's Choice -  Anne hit a home run here...glad to see she at least got an Emmy nomination out of it. While watching it, especially certain scenes like the fight with her mom and oldest daughter, I wondered how much is acting instead of channeling personal demons.

She also looks genuinely high in various scenes.

Either way...it was damn good. I do wish a major studio had done this movie because it has that vibe all TV/Lifetime movies have.

I assume this is the movie that put Kristen Bell on the map.

Six Days, Seven Nights - I regret not watching this 24 years ago. I'm not a big fan of rom-coms but I actually enjoyed it. They had good chemistry and it does have some laughs.

She was insanely hot in both these movies.

misterID

misterID wrote:

She was hot in The Juror

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

She was hit in The Juror

That's one of the two on my list for tonight....the other is The Third Miracle.

misterID

misterID wrote:

It’s a pretty ridiculous movie. Baldwin’s character is interesting, but it deserved an actor like Val Kilmer. All that really stands out to me is that Anne was naked and she looked fiiine.

James

James wrote:

I watched it after I cooked. I only saw it once back then but my feeling is the same...

Baldwin almost ruined it. I don't buy him as a bad ass mobster.  I'll give him credit where it's due....he gave it his best shot.

The story does get ridiculous...there was no need for the mob to want her dead after the acquittal...and having Baldwin become obsessed with her was a bit much.

Yeah...Val could've done a better job in the role.

So could Gandolfini...just have him switch roles with Baldwin.

This film is one of those interesting time capsules in hindsight....

Heche is on the rise, it's right before Demi's string of bombs that sends her on the path to irrelevancy, and it's a couple years before Gandolfini strikes gold with the Sopranos.

Yeah she was hot in this....she was playing it down too as a plain Jane.

James

James wrote:

The Third Miracle - I was surprised by how much I liked this. I normally avoid religious themed movies like the plague.

Ed Harris plays a priest who questions his faith having to investigate the supposed miracles of a woman who may get canonized as a saint.

It's also set in the 1970s...a nice touch.

Heche is the saints daughter....who Harris sorta gets mixed up with.

She is really hot with short red hair.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I can't find Lofton's post but I rewatched Single White Female for the first time in decades after seeing that he watched this a while ago.  It's weird how time and aging can skew your perspective on a film.  I last saw this film in the mid 90s at some point.

Anyway, the first thing I notice while watching this today, the damn apartment complex is a character onto itself.  It's mostly shown shrouded in darkness and shadows.  There's a slight spooky vibe to it, like dangerous.  This isn't one of those haunted house films but this adds to the amibance of the film.  Oh, forgot about the creaky old school elevator that probably doesn't exist anymore now days anyway.

It's kinda cool how there's a lot of great scenes that happen in this film that are non verbal.  It's adds to the voyeuristic aspect to this film.   Oh there are a couple of odes to Vertigo that are pretty good too.

I felt a lot of sympathy for Hedra.  Don't get me wrong she's still the "villian" in this thing, but there's more of an anti-hero vibe to her than flat out person I'm supposed to hate because she's a psycho.  She's tragic in a sense. Jenifer Jason Leigh did a great job here.

Totally forgot what a creep that Mitch was.  Honestly, most of the main male characters in here are pretty awful, except for the gay neighbor.  And yeah there's definitely a vibe here, I'm not sure it's feminist but maybe highlighting the differences between male and females.  It's hard to explain.

Oh, they stuck the landing on this film as well. Some of these films the ending just kinda sucks compared to the rest of the film, but this one was fine.

Board footer