You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The BATMAN Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

As I said in the other thread... Affleck as Batman will never happen.

Movie won't ever get made.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Agreed, it's an odd choice, but it's pretty much been confirmed from Zack Snyder though. Affleck is on board.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

metallex78 wrote:

Ben Affleck is a solid actor and director, dunno how I feel about him stepping into the role of Batman though...

Yeah..it is rather weird; but it brings me back to the Avengers thing. When I first heard Chris Evans as Captain America. I rolled my eyes. I already hated his portrayal of Johnny Storm in the meh Fantastic Four films and various other roles he was a part of. Except for his bit role in Scott Pilgrim. But..when I finally did see the Captain American movie, he completely won me over by making one of the most outdated and bland super heroes in my opinion into an actual likeable hero. Gave him personality and not making him appear like a douche. That same energy and good character went into Avengers. So I can't judge until I watch it for myself.

Me_Wise_Magic

metallex78 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Agreed, it's an odd choice, but it's pretty much been confirmed from Zack Snyder though. Affleck is on board.

I didn't know or see anything Cavill was a part of when going into Man of Steel; but I thought he made a great Superman. Another weird thing is that Affleck said time and time again that after what went down with the backlash of Daredevil, certain Marvel projects, and the madness of trying to rush out a JLA movie with no plan that he wouldn't be a part of another comic book movie. Also some of the assholes running DC's entertainment management was probably a factor too. (A Wonder Woman film being too confusing my ass)  But..it looks like he may of had a change of heart after seeing the script or what Synder wants him to do. But like Axlin said you never know you still have another 2 years for the movie to come out and has several more months to go before shooting begins; so he may or may not stay. Let's see what happens. Marvel is taking risks and they are still doing victory laps because they aren't playing it safe. They are trying different projects. Allowing more artistic freedom for the characters. Example: Saw a leaked teaser of Guardians of the Galaxy and so far it looking fucking sweet and fun.  Expanding the universe and not just betting on Stark. They just need to get Spidey out of the clutches of Sony and into Marvel Studios.  DC can't rush this film and they have to make it good. Or there re-tooled Synder filmverse with Nolan's watchful eye will be doomed.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

The Gary Cherone of the Batman franchise...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't like it. I wanted to see Batman and Robin first with the current actors. But hell, I am still waiting on Matt Damon to return to Bourne.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed. I actually would rather have NO Bruce Wayne, and would've rather had Joseph Gordon Levitt reprise his role as Batman, than Affleck.

The casting of Affleck just reaks of "Development Hell" property.

But I will say this, if it's true they are casting bald Bryan Cranston, aka Walter White for Lex Luthor as the main villian in it... Jesus H that is a PERFECT casting choice. Walter White is basically a poor Luthor. Perfect casting.

Me_Wise_Magic

I really hope the Bryan casting is completely 100% cause that will help the film a ton. Perfect casting like you said. I'm hearing things that Ben will probably act like Nolan with the newer DC films coming out. I think Nolan doesn't want to be involved all that much with the DC Universe anymore. Since IGN and other sites don't show him under the credits representing the new SUPERMAN BATMAN film at the moment. I mean is Ben usually helps produce and direct his films nowadays besides just star in them. So he will probably come in there to work with Snyder and Goyer on the script and production. Which could be a good thing. Bringing in a clearer perspective that could please both audiences and critics too. Not completely buying it or confirming it; but it might save the movie from sucking. I just don't want it to be a lazy cash in like most of you and want to see some effort. Justice League and Flash won't happen if this doesn't work.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Affleck is supposedly a HUGE Batman mark, all the way back to his childhood. So he could understand the comics more, and understand what he wants to do with it.

Warner, especially after the successes of TDKR and Man of Steel, are going to want to stick with their darker, adult-drama world that's been presented. It's pretty obvious to me that Man of Steel was supposed to exist in the Nolanverse, and I don't see that changing much.

But then again if Affleck is going for some of the comic pairings of Batman & Superman, and an obvious attempt to compete with The Avengers, plus complaints from certain fans, myself included, that wished after Nolan wrapped up his story they went more of a fantasy route with darker elements, ala the Arkham video games, I would fully support that. Rumor is the production people had originally wanted a Superman appearence in Arkham City, and it didn't happen.

Something like that, told in the real world, with fantastical elements would be cool. Affleck MAY know what he's doing, but can he PLAY what he's doing, I dunno.

I'd be curious to see who's gonna be in the rest of the cast. I think the next Commissioner Gordon should either be Jeff Bridges or Sam Elliott.

Me_Wise_Magic

Ooh..Bridges would be excellent for that role. Brian did do the voice of Gordon for a Batman animated movie awhile back; so if someone else is offered Lex instead, then Gordon should be the next best thing for the guy.

Board footer