You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Axl Rose/Dexter forum chat discussion thread

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

my comment was in regards to duff being "just along for the ride"

Duff was an alcoholic. God knows what was up with him. And Slash was a heroin addict. I don't think either one of them knew what the fuck they were doing back then.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Duff was an alcoholic. God knows what was up with him. And Slash was a heroin addict. I don't think either one of them knew what the fuck they were doing back then.

Thats exactly what I feel about Duff. He was in a bad way back then and didn't give a shit. He was a mess Slash on the other hand... I think he might have played up the loveable junky thing to some extene to help his image but was pretty fucked up too. He did however have ambitions that duff didn't at the time. If you look at Duffs comments from the 94-98 era they are all about trying to facilitate slash and Axl and kepp things the way they were so that guns would carry on. Slash on the other hand was more focused on his solo material than duff ever was. Slash viewed his as his main focus. Duff viewed his solo stuff as a side project to guns.
Slash had a definite plan. Duff was along for the ride.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

And Axl is slightly crazy and thinks everybody is out to get him.  None of them see things clearly, though their reasons are quite different.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

They all are just using an illusion of some sort.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

And Axl is slightly crazy and thinks everybody is out to get him.  None of them see things clearly, though their reasons are quite different.

You assume he's crazy based on what? What the media has said about him. The same media that have said it's entirely his fault the band broke up. I do think he is paranoid though. That much is certain.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I just want to shake Axl and pretty much tell him to stop feeling sorry for himself and stop acting like a big pussy.  I just don't beleive all these things he hints about Slash and Duff.  He blows up every issue to something bigger than it really is.  Slash and Duff are willing to reconcile.. Everyone is at fault, but you seem to be holding the BIGGEST GRUDGE.  You are 46, you are getting old, you need to at least make peace with your former brothers and stop living this bitter life.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I just want to shake Axl and pretty much tell him to stop feeling sorry for himself and stop acting like a big pussy.  I just don't beleive all these things he hints about Slash and Duff.  He blows up every issue to something bigger than it really is.  Slash and Duff are willing to reconcile.. Everyone is at fault, but you seem to be holding the BIGGEST GRUDGE.  You are 46, you are getting old, you need to at least make peace with your former brothers and stop living this bitter life.

Hes not feeling sorry for himself. He wouldn't even be talking about this shit if we hadn't been asking him to for years

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

WOW!  Well all I can do is thank Axl.  We now hear his side of the story.  And regardless who anyone believes in this we now have the other side of the coin.  Do I think it is all Slash's fault?  Nope!  But it's not all Axl's fault either.  My view on NuGuns has changed and I am now willing to consider this GNR.  My point of view on Axl has changed as well.  I still don't think he's a Saint but at least now I can say he cares for the fans.  Happy holidays to you too Axl.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Hes not feeling sorry for himself. He wouldn't even be talking about this shit if we hadn't been asking him to for years

Good point....    He just has a prepared "excuse" for everything.  He rarely takes blame for ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!  Am I alone in this?

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Good point....    He just has a prepared "excuse" for everything.  He rarely takes blame for ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!  Am I alone in this?

Yes and no.  Like I said.  All parties are to blame in this.  But remember that according to Axl.  The name GNR always belonged to him.  And that's the bottom line.

Board footer