You are not logged in. Please register or login.

KDOGCRUEHEAD
 Rep: 0 

Re: Chinese Democracy #12 Album On Rolling Stone's Top 50 Albums Of 2008

KDOGCRUEHEAD wrote:

HOW IN THE HELL CAN THIS ALBUM BE #12 ON ROLLING STONE'S TOP 50 FOR THE YEAR? MOTLEY'S SAINTS WASN'T EVEN ON THE TOP 50 AND IT SMOKES THIS ALBUM LIKE AXL'S EGO SMOKES. THIS ALBUM TOOK A CENTURY TO MAKE, AND AXL GOES AWOL AS USUAL, AND YET MOTLEY'S ALBUM IS THE BEST THEY EVER DONE AND IT DOESN'T EVEN GET ON THE TOP 50. SOMEONE IN THE GNR CAMP IS GIVING SOME SERIOUS SMOKING HEAD TO THE PEOPLE AT ROLLING STONE.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Motley's Saints of Los Angeles is FAR from being the Crue's best album.  Come on!  That album sucks aside from the tiltle track.  I make better music than that when I vomit.  The Crue's best albums are their self titled album and Dr Feelgood.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Uhhh what...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

As a Motley Crue fan, I can honestly say Chinese Democracy is fuckin' Zeppelin II compared to anything from the Crue catalog, especially an average-at-best album like Saints of LA.

Other than maybe Scraped & Riad, CD is stellar from top-to-bottom, and the ballads are un-matched by any artist out there, other than maybe Dream Theater. But Axl is a better vocalist than James LaBrie, so I give GN'R the edge.

The best song off of Saints of LA, is - Saints of LA.

And CD (the song) is lightyears better than it. So you do the math.

I would love for the Crue to still be making great albums, but it's simply not true. The only great ALBUMS I ever remember the Crue doing was Dr. Feelgood & Motley Crue. Their other releases were PLAGUED with the same problem as Saints of LA. One great single off the album - and that's it. No depth. Too Fast For Love is all that album has, Home Sweet Home is all Theater of Pain has, Girls Girls Girls is all that album has, and Gen Swine & New Tattoo just flat out suck.

Oh and by the way, to rub salt even further into the wound....

RS just released the READERS Top-30 list for 2008.... CD was #5 for the year. 22

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
KDOGCRUEHEAD wrote:

HOW IN THE HELL CAN THIS ALBUM BE #12 ON ROLLING STONE'S TOP 50 FOR THE YEAR? MOTLEY'S SAINTS WASN'T EVEN ON THE TOP 50 AND IT SMOKES THIS ALBUM LIKE AXL'S EGO SMOKES.

No offense meant to you whatsoever but Saints is NOT a good album.  A couple of songs were decent but this album is the weakest album they have ever did outside of New Tatoo in my opinion .   Even Generation Swine was better. 

Chinese Democracy is leaps and bounds better than the Crue's last effort.

Again, I am simply stating my opinion the way you stated yours.  That doesn't make either of us correct.

Peace.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I think the Crue's first is by far their best. Merry Go Round, Live Wire, On With the Show. Great shit. I have SOLA but haven't even listened to it yet.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I'm a huge, huge Crüe fan, but Saints of Los Angeles was a big let down. Too Fast for Love, Shout at the Devil, Theatre of Pain, Girls, Girls, Girls, and Dr. Feelgood are all classics. The Corabi self-titled is underrated and yes, even the largely Corabi influenced Generation Swine is a better album than SOLA. That's not to say SOLA doesn't have its moments. The title track is badass and I quite like Mutherfucker of the Year. But compared to Chinese Democracy? The fucker's basically Use Your Illusion III. The only album released in 2008 I strain to hold in higher regard is Judas Priest's criminally underrated Nostradamus.

Yeah I'm a Crue fan aswell and I agree that SOLA is their weakest album,and I also agree that the self titled album with Corabi is underrated,it's probably my favorite Crue album,that Dr.Feelgood. 9

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

SOLA had just a couple of good songs, and those songs really grew old quick. 

I don't really see any comparison between the two.  CD is way ahead of SOLA.  And i really don't agree that SOLA is the best album Crue has ever done.

Board footer