You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

This topic jumped the shark a long time ago....for fuck's sake lock it. If you are going to hijack a thread, at least do it where there can be intelligent conversation. The Gnr boards are sucking a dog's ass right now.

Maybe this is a reflection on the album. Maybe threads are vering off topic cause the subject matter just isn't as good or as interesting as people would like(and claim)  it to be.  I know people will think I'm a fucking loser for saying this but maybe, just mabe the love for CD is wearing off. Maybe, just maybe the initial love for it was subconsciously predetermined for some and now that the hype/excitment has wained a bit people are subconscioulsy losing interest in this "amazing album" Maybe just maybe it boils down to a 13 year wait for an average album not warrenting anything more than average discussion on the subject matter where more often than not things are more intersting when they are off topic. Just a thought.

I don't know this for certain, but it seems to me like those who love the album are perfectly willing to talk about it and its glory.  I haven't heard many, if any, that've said "I loved the album when it came out, but I've tired of it."  Along the same lines, I haven't heard many people say they hated it but now they love it either.  So I don't think things have changed as much as you're alluding to.  The same people are piping in on threads saying how much they hate Axl and think the music sucks, while the same people are sticking up for Axl and saying the music is great.  Nothing has changed from where I'm sitting.  There was plenty of negativity on Nov. 30th and there's plenty now.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

Axlin16 wrote:

Unlike Madagas, I think this is all very interesting discussion. And Bono, no one is sensitive to Axl, and if they are at this point, they're laughable considering where everything has went.

I think Skippy makes alot of very valid points, but just because an argument is valid, doesn't make it true. I think Skippy can honestly call Axl an asshole because of his behavior, but I took the whole Borderline Personality thing as a joke.

It's funny... but we don't REALLY know, do we? I can get mad at Axl, but it's hard for me to sell the man up the river, NOT because of being a fan, but because I know what it's like to come from 'misunderstood'. Axl might be a total nutjob asshole, but he also might be a good damn guy, who's actions are totally misunderstood.

I hope he writes a book one day, i'd love to read the world through his perspective.


Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

This topic jumped the shark a long time ago....for fuck's sake lock it. If you are going to hijack a thread, at least do it where there can be intelligent conversation. The Gnr boards are sucking a dog's ass right now.

Maybe this is a reflection on the album. Maybe threads are vering off topic cause the subject matter just isn't as good or as interesting as people would like(and claim)  it to be.  I know people will think I'm a fucking loser for saying this but maybe, just mabe the love for CD is wearing off. Maybe, just maybe the initial love for it was subconsciously predetermined for some and now that the hype/excitment has wained a bit people are subconscioulsy losing interest in this "amazing album" Maybe just maybe it boils down to a 13 year wait for an average album not warrenting anything more than average discussion on the subject matter where more often than not things are more intersting when they are off topic. Just a thought.

The other day I kind of lost it when discussing the credits on the album, because this album is a total clusterfuck, so I can totally understand the frustration, believe me.

At the end of the day, you just have to breath, and realize it's just music, and move on. I love the album, it's great to me, that's it, bottom line, and you move on.

I could write a 10,000 word Essay on everything GN'R has done WRONG in the last 15 years.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

skippy wrote:
madagas wrote:

Dexter wrote:
I don't work for you. Just cuz u think so don't make it true.

Dexter wrote:
Why would anyone have to tell me anything? What would you know of  anything actually going on in my world. Nice fantasy though, wish I had  the time.

Dexter wrote:
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense  of entitlement don't dictate my actions.


Skippy, of course Axl has a Borderline Personality, as millions upon millions of other people do, but, this doesn't sound like a guy who cares what you think or cares if you buy his cd's or not.

The duality of the Guns situation has always been that Axl is allowed to be himself, and do whatever he wants.  People will choose to defend him if they want for his fascist behavior, but whatever, to each his own.

Others in his circle are not afforded that luxury.

First of all,  if Axl worked for me, he'd have been fired a long, long time ago.

I don't have misconceptions or fantasies of him doing anything.  The misconception he has is that he is relevant both musically and professionally.   And that his fans who are now adults will put up with his current behavior.

Why would anyone tell him anything?  I wouldn't tell him anything, except you get no more money, and it's not because I want to dictate his actions.  I don't give up a fuck what he does.  I choose to spend my time (except today) paying attention to relevant artists who communicate with their fans. 

Honestly, I'm not even the slightest bit angry at him usually, he's like a random homeless man, harmless, insignificant.

I started reading this thread, and it made me slightly sick to think of all the people this guy hurts.

Btw, I believe Axl talks about being a borderline and all his indulgent therapy in Interview magazine from the early 90's.

misterID
 Rep: 473 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

misterID wrote:
skippy wrote:

Here's a concrete example of cause and effect with Axl.

Because he behaves like an ass, I don't buy his CD.

Because people know me as the Guns and Roses guy, when people ask me about it, if it's as good as the old stuff, I tell them "No", it sucks and not to waste their money.

Because he can't show up on stage on time, I won't buy tickets anymore.

Because Axl can't play well with others, there has been an endless string of increasingly less talented musicians willing to collaborate with him.

As far as providing concrete examples of why I think Axl has huge borderline personality issues, read up on it, work with it for years, educate yourself, and then look at the history of decisions made by Axl AND the faulty reasoning he has given for his bad decisions.
If you can't do that, go to a strip bar, and talk to the older girls who work there, and listen to their stories, it's all the same thing.

So you basically just stated that your opinion is pretty much irrelevant involving everything involving the band hmm

misterID
 Rep: 473 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

misterID wrote:

And lets stop with trying to breakdown Axl's mind. For the record, some of you have spent a little too much time thinking about Axl and taking things wayyyy too personal, which makes me wonder about some of your states of mind.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

buzzsaw wrote:

Fonzie is cool.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

Paxcow wrote:

true. no one is cooler than the fonz.

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

Sky Dog wrote:
skippy wrote:
madagas wrote:

Dexter wrote:
I don't work for you. Just cuz u think so don't make it true.

Dexter wrote:
Why would anyone have to tell me anything? What would you know of  anything actually going on in my world. Nice fantasy though, wish I had  the time.

Dexter wrote:
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense  of entitlement don't dictate my actions.


Skippy, of course Axl has a Borderline Personality, as millions upon millions of other people do, but, this doesn't sound like a guy who cares what you think or cares if you buy his cd's or not.

The duality of the Guns situation has always been that Axl is allowed to be himself, and do whatever he wants.  People will choose to defend him if they want for his fascist behavior, but whatever, to each his own.

Others in his circle are not afforded that luxury.

First of all,  if Axl worked for me, he'd have been fired a long, long time ago.

I don't have misconceptions or fantasies of him doing anything.  The misconception he has is that he is relevant both musically and professionally.   And that his fans who are now adults will put up with his current behavior.

Why would anyone tell him anything?  I wouldn't tell him anything, except you get no more money, and it's not because I want to dictate his actions.  I don't give up a fuck what he does.  I choose to spend my time (except today) paying attention to relevant artists who communicate with their fans. 

Honestly, I'm not even the slightest bit angry at him usually, he's like a random homeless man, harmless, insignificant.

I started reading this thread, and it made me slightly sick to think of all the people this guy hurts.

Btw, I believe Axl talks about being a borderline and all his indulgent therapy in Interview magazine from the early 90's.

please show me where Axl has said that he is relevant musically and professionally? You are talking so far out of your ass......One quote, please, where is it? 2 Your "usually" not angry! I can't stop laughing.....:haha:

skippy
 Rep: 33 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

skippy wrote:

No, I usually don't give a damn anymore as seen from my inconsistent posting patterns at this site.  Actually, I believe I have more posts today, than all other times combined, since it changed to this from Roses of Velvet.

I lost interest and check in every once a while.  Today is your lucky day, I guess. smile

When Axl came to the message boards, and said the Better video was coming out, it gave me hope.  Now, here we are with another delay regarding an Axl Rose project.  I'm not angry for myself, as this ship sailed long ago.
I'm angry for the people who still try to defend him. The truth will come out, just like it has many times before, but just because it isn't coming from Axl it isn't considered the truth.

I far as me being irrelevant, I think I helped Axl NOT sell some curiousity CD's that he would have.

I'm sure someone else can find some quotes somewhere in Chinese Whispers from Axl or the Axl camp discussing how mindblowing this material is.

The advance he received from Best Buy had implications that this music was not only supposed to relevant, but successful.  If he just took the money from Best Buy to cover his debt, where is this "integrity" that I keep hearing about?

If he didn't think he was relevant, why the false hype and ensuing breakdown into chaos everytime?

I won't be looking up quotes for you because I talk really far out of my ass, and it's hard to sit on my ass, and talk out of it, or is it that I disagree and don't have room for blind idolatry?

Your delusions and fantasies to control me won't make them true, sorry. (Wait, where did we hear that before?)

You can get your giant "AXL #1" foam finger out and have it ready to show to Axl when he plays the local chili con carnival, and you are the only one who still shows up.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

Axlin16 wrote:
skippy wrote:
madagas wrote:

Dexter wrote:
I don't work for you. Just cuz u think so don't make it true.

Dexter wrote:
Why would anyone have to tell me anything? What would you know of  anything actually going on in my world. Nice fantasy though, wish I had  the time.

Dexter wrote:
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense  of entitlement don't dictate my actions.


Skippy, of course Axl has a Borderline Personality, as millions upon millions of other people do, but, this doesn't sound like a guy who cares what you think or cares if you buy his cd's or not.

The duality of the Guns situation has always been that Axl is allowed to be himself, and do whatever he wants.  People will choose to defend him if they want for his fascist behavior, but whatever, to each his own.

Others in his circle are not afforded that luxury.

First of all,  if Axl worked for me, he'd have been fired a long, long time ago.

I don't have misconceptions or fantasies of him doing anything.  The misconception he has is that he is relevant both musically and professionally.   And that his fans who are now adults will put up with his current behavior.

Why would anyone tell him anything?  I wouldn't tell him anything, except you get no more money, and it's not because I want to dictate his actions.  I don't give up a fuck what he does.  I choose to spend my time (except today) paying attention to relevant artists who communicate with their fans. 

Honestly, I'm not even the slightest bit angry at him usually, he's like a random homeless man, harmless, insignificant.

I started reading this thread, and it made me slightly sick to think of all the people this guy hurts.

Btw, I believe Axl talks about being a borderline and all his indulgent therapy in Interview magazine from the early 90's.

I think Axl referred to manic-depressive (bipolar), and recently addressed this I believe, referring to it as overblown, and misconstrued.

If I met Axl, I wouldn't say anymore than "What up?"

Why would I have any other reason to say anything else? I don't know him personally, and he hasn't done anything to me personally, nor me to him. A cool human being, just stays cool with other people, and the world is a beautiful place.

You make some interesting points, and I hear your frustration, but I think your overexaggerating it's true significance. We all have hindsight bias. We don't know him personally, and to be completely honest with you, I don't believe ANYTHING the media says, and only believe about 50% on a good day what Slash says. jmo

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB