You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Not a chance.  It's too cluttered to ever be appreciated by the masses.  If by fans you mean a few people online, then yes, maybe you have a point.  If by fans you mean people that have always loved GnR, there's no chance in hell.

That's what the word 'cult' is for.

It'll be it's own isolated sliver of the GN'R fanbase that'll live and die by it.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I don't care if other fans like it or not. I don't care if the media likes it. I don't care if my mother likes it. I listen to music for music and the feeling I get out of it and could give a fuck all what anyone thinks about it. I enjoy most of the album except for a song or two.

I don't think it sounds like a band trying to sound like GNR because the old GNR would not have made music like this.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I don't care if other fans like it or not. I don't care if the media likes it. I don't care if my mother likes it. I listen to music for music and the feeling I get out of it and could give a fuck all what anyone thinks about it. I enjoy most of the album except for a song or two.

I don't think it sounds like a band trying to sound like GNR because the old GNR would not have made music like this.

Right on!  I think people get caught up in this album being so anticipated and set the expectations through the roof.  It hasn't sold as well as most thought it would, and it may never catch on with the public, but why should that matter?  At least to those of us who love the music.  I can hold my head up high being a GNR fan and I'd defend this album to anyone.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

But do YOU care if you like it?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yes I do. What's your point on that? If I didn't care I wouldn't listen to Guns N' Roses.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

My problem is how everything has been handled.

2002 could've been the comeback of the century, everything was lined up perfectly!

GNR drop the ball

2006, things kind of line up again, not nearly as perfect as 02 would've, but Axl looks and sounds great again, we get some very promising leaks but tour is canceled to focus on an album

Then 2008 rolls around, it is confirmed CD is actually coming out.

this is it, the moment we've been waiting for. 10 years of waiting has paid off, the big pay off is coming, we are gonna get a single, video, Axl media blitz, tour, GNR are gonna return to being a valid band and an active force................

what happens?

Lukewarm single, no video, no tour, no axl, no nothing

CD flops..............

same ole shit just like the last 10 years and that is what pisses me off.

I would be happy and fine and the biggest GNR supporter on the planet if Axl had tried his best and failed. The fact he has stood by and did absolutely nothing is just inexcusable.  U drove away the old band which I love, u had music and things that they couldn't provide for u, u wanted the band to keep the legacy of it going but all u have done is drug it through the mud and made it a punchline.

so what should be a hall of fame all time legendary band, has turned into a trainwreck reality TV like show that nobody cares about anymore.

that is tough to swallow even if I shouldn't care.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Yes I do. What's your point on that? If I didn't care I wouldn't listen to Guns N' Roses.

Just checking. Some folks have a similar opinion to yours, and they talk all about how it's "about the music", and then they forget if they themselves like the music. They get biased one way or the other. They get so into the hate-factor, they like the music but won't vindicate it, or the love-factor, and even if they think the music sucks, they'll defend it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Not liking the music can lead to anger over the other issues, it's not necessarily the anger over the other issues that lead to not liking the music.  I just want to be clear about that.

Sky Dog wrote:

Album is officially dead as a doornail. Out of the top 100 on the Billboard album chart, no singles in Billboard's modern rock or mainstream rock chart's top 20.

But, let's look on the bright side, GH is #6 on the Top Pop Catalog chart!

Oh well, such is life.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Jed's dead, baby.

Board footer